BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Lurker

Default Tires for a crossfire 150r

First off Merry Christmas! Looking for some help. I see Sam's Club looks to have a excellent selections of tires. On the front I want to run 21 st or maybe 20 two's maybe even 20 three's what do you think? I know I would need 10 inch rims. What kind of offset would I need to run these tires. How of wide of a rim, 5" or 6". My drivers side tire has rubbed in the past on stock tires and I want to avoid any trouble there. Any input would be helpful.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Haven't seen ATV tires @ Sam's in a few years, you're lucky if they have them at your location as I bought many of them in the past. Are they so cheap you can justify buying larger rims? To be able to run a 21" you'd have to find a rim with a 3" off-set (inside to centerline). Stock tires are about 19" and just miss rubbing with a 4" offset (inside to centerline). Don't know if you'd find a smaller offset than the 3" without spending BIG bucks. You'll need anywhere from 5"-8" wide for most fronts. You could always turn your rims around!!!
Try this chart to see if you can find a 10" rim with a 110mm bolt pattern: http://www.mudthrowers.com/atv_wheel_chart