BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Lurker

Default Carter Brothers carts????

I found some used, not in working condition, Carter 150 Talon's for sale that I was going to get for the kids for Christmas. When I did some research I learned that the plant burned down at the end of 2010 and that getting parts may be an issue. I have been on Carter's web site, facebook site and called their contact number and am getting nothing. I assume they are not up and running. I searched in here and it seems like there are some after market parts available and some used parts around but there is no guarantee on getting what I may need. While I am mechanically inclined - I am not interested in getting a cart that I cannot get parts for. What do the experts on here think about buying non-running carter parts right now?? Thanks!!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

It would depend on what parts it needs- if it's engine stuff -no problem getting parts for a GY6. Chassis parts would be questionable though. most everything on these buggies has a near matching part from some other manufacturer as they're all similar in constrution.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Lurker

That is the problem - the story goes that they where put away running but do not start now - battery, carbs, etc. And, one needs a shift cable. But I am not sure what else they need.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

All those items are generic and plentiful
Old 11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Heavy Contributor

If they are the ZR models, they use the SYM engine and parts are hard to find. Look at the valve cover and make sure it uses four bolts to hold it down.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Lurker

some of the suspension parts are the same as hammerhead.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Lurker

same here I can get a carter Talon DLX150IIR for 1000.00 but wondering about the parts issues.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun78 View Post
same here I can get a carter Talon DLX150IIR for 1000.00 but wondering about the parts issues.
Just bought an 05 talon from craigslist for 700 and it needed passenger side lower arm and support strut. Found those parts on a site under hammerhead parts. Part numbers matched. Those two parts cost me $130