BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 05-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Lite Contributor

Default SUNL 110cc Buggy

I found a SUNL 110cc Buggy that needs the trans repaired, but I think I would rather go with an entire engine. I think I can get the buggy on the cheap, but what are my engine options? Will any GY6 150cc engine fit into this buggy? Are the SUNL buggies junk?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 AM

I don't know how hard it would be to put a 150 in a 110's space, but I do know, from what I've heard, SunLs are junk.

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Administrator

The mounting points are different. The 110's are hit and miss on reliability with most of them being clunkers.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks. I think I will just continue the search for a better buggy. I am starting to realize that I got a really good deal on my Helix. I paid $800 and it's like brand new, minus the broken plastic shift disk. Other than that, it's mint, including the manuals, sales-floor tags, etc etc.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Lite Contributor

Glad you decided to pass on this one, but let's punch your decision a little further on home. Unless you were gonna get this for kids, the overall dimension size of a 110 is usualy a bit smaller than the 150, 250 overall dimension sizes. As well the 110 weight capacities area bit lighter that 150, 250 weight capacities. Excess weight capacities put more stress on welds, suspension, moving parts, etc. You'll never see a 110 listed on any buggy website as an adult size buggy. As far as SunLs being junk, all the China buggies are pretty much mass produced at the same place. Then import companies such as Kandi, Roketa, SunL, Kinroad, and others put their name on 'em. From what I've read SunL was the worst of these importers. Their parts, refunds and support policies were non-existant. Infuriating many american purchasers to the point of class action lawsuit in 2006-2007. The ruling was in the consumer's favor, and even after improved policy on it's customer PR the last few years, the company couldn't recoup. Click on their website now and you'll see it's parked on go daddy. What do I own, a SunL lol!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Contributor

I guess you did not look in the other thread here is a smoking deal on a Carter Talon 150cc Buggy with some good mods for $800. Here is a link as well of some videos of it in action. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/1733017870.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEpZNgZXmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-36Ye7ap11Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU
Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Lite Contributor

I saw that, and am considering it. It's a little further than I would like to drive. It's about 6 hours from me each way. It's still tempting.