BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything Goes!

Old 05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Contributor

Default That aint right!!!

For the vice president and president to say they are for a man to marry another man and the same with a woman with a woman is sad and shows what poor leadership we have in the white house....just my opinion and sorry to get off buggy subjects. mancoman
Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Heavy Contributor

I'll probably get stoned here but I felt like responding.
Not to defends the idiots in Washington. but this subject has been literally discussed since the beginning of time. I figure it was bound to happen some time and these guys are just making the first step. As that old verse goes "The times ,they are a -changing".
Actually the outlook and general feeling on the matter is doing a full circle back to civilization before the introduction of Christianity , Not stating an opinion here just reciting some ancient history. I'm only using the advent of the Christian beliefs as a marker in a historical time line so hold the rocks! These type of relationships have existed since the beginning of recorded history as we know it. In ancient times this practice was discouraged because it was not pro- active to population growth in a pack or tribe. Back then there was strength and safety in numbers and so it was easy to enforce any act not contributing to pro creation by creating religious stipulations. The Victorian age Puritan religion carried these stipulations to the 9th degree. Some of our own personal practices, considered acceptable under present day views and opinions are equally illegal by the Puritan standards. That's where the slang word "Prude" comes from.
I neither agree or disagree. I simply feel however two "Consenting"adults choose to behave in their own private lives is of their own right and no business of mine as long as my rights and private life are respected equally as well. I am deeply and openly resentfull of any intrusion into my own personal beliefs and practices so I belive it's only fair that everyone should have the same right.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Contributor

I agree with the last part of what you said but I don't think it is the place of the commander and cheif of the USA to endorce this type of thing but then again he ran over to Japan boo whoing and was the first president to do a full bow to a Japanese over us using atomic bombs against them to end WW2 a war they started!Hey man have you ever heard of Pearl Harbor and over 3000 killed?in a sneak attack against us. mancoman
Old 05-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Well said ckau- you are so correct about the practices of our race in the past and their attraction/relationship with the same sex. Public perception on this subject is based soley off religous beliefs not human nature- Take religion out of the picture and you don't have an issue.
I do have an opinion- Let humans pair up with whomever they feel comfortable with, as this leads to a more productive, harmonious existence when living in a group/civilization. Everyone should have the right to choose their beliefs- with science growing more broad,precise and providing evidence that what we thought we knew/taught isn't always factual, I have to keep an open mind about everything!!! Hopefully I live to benefit mankind in some small positive way, knowledge to improve my "quality of life" & pass on another point of view/opinion for others to evaluate & build upon that data for their level of "quality of life".
Old 05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

Manco you gotta learn some different cultures buddy. That bow was to the Japanese as a hand shake is to us. The lower the bow the more sincere the gesture.
The same as in our culture when a man shakes your hand, the more vigorous the more sincere you feel the gesture is given. Thats all there was to it.
A little more history,,, the japs have lived with shame and have been apologetic to every u.s. envoy and public figure to ever step foot in japan ever since pearl harbor. To this day there are japs who are still embarassed and ashamed to admit their ancestors participated in this action
The attack was never intended to be a surprise. A communication glitch slowed the delivery of the Japanese declaration of war so we didn't receive it until after the fact. As soon as the Japanese hierarchy learned of this horrific mistake they seriously regretted the action. it's not in their cultural beliefs to wage war in this fashion. They believe a surprise attack of this nature shows weakness and to them, is considered a cowardly act. Many of their top ranking military officers and politicians immediately resigned after learning of this disgrace. Some went as far as committing suicide rather than live with the shame.The first words out of the navel commander's mouth after learning of the mistake were "We have woken the sleeping Dragon". He knew the consequences of this act and was directly forbidden by the emperor to not take his own life. it's also part of their culture to never give up. We knew the war would not end until every single jap was dead. The bombs were dropped in order to save the lives of thousands of American solders that would be needed to fulfill this task. Obama's actions was simply a gesture stating "hey! no hard feelings, lets put it in the past and live on in harmony. I'm cool with that!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Contributor

First of all the Japanese got their a.s's kicked for the first time in 2000 years so no wonder they are so mellow about it now and Yamoto's words after the Pearl Harbor attack was "all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"meaning the United States.Japan knew well in advance that the USA had more than 10 times the industrial strength if a war was to be fought and their chances were slim.2 of my mothers uncles were killed fighting the Japanese one was shot down and the other in a kamakasi attack on his ship and both brothers were in the US Navy.That's all I have say for now. mancoman
Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Lite Contributor

I don't feel this is the proper forum for venting all my frustrations over our leaders actions, but I will say that this president and the congress that was elected with him have trampled on the Constitution of the United States long enough!
The blood shed by our ancestors in many sacrifices to secure the freedoms in the Constitution should not be ignored by us.
If you get your news from the 6 O'clock news you probably don't have a clue why I'm saying all this.
'08 Crossfire 150R - It lives at last!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Actually, this is the proper forum. That's why it is Off Topic.

The constitution? What's that. Oh ya, the thing that doesn't seem to carry all of the weight it carried when created. That does piss me off that they forget what the original intention was in creating this country.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Contributor

Default Ans

We do not have a pres and v pres we have DUMB AND DUMMER.You pick whitch.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Contributor

I guess I am just too red reck,but THE LORD SAID TO SPREAD OUT AND MULTIPLY,AND SO FAR I HAVE YET SEEN A MAN AND MAN MULTIPLY.
Just my opinion and you know what they say
Opinions are Like (_o_) some just larger than others.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Contributor

I agree 100% if we all married the same sex there would be no more people!!! mancoman
Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

The situation for everyone to be attracted to the same sex isn't plausible!!! The fact that you brought up "no more people" makes me think this could help (in a very small way) with over-population!!!! we're producing faster than we're dying off-(we're living longer) over-crowding and the demise of our natural resources and landmass could benefit from a few same sex couples.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
..... could benefit from a few same sex couples.
True! If not, who could we find to decorate our houses and design our clothes
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Contributor

What in the world does gay rights have to do with pearl harbor?

Redneck and the lord have as much to do with each other as the above. And the lord and our countries laws should have even less. Lets not regulate business, but we damn sure should regulate your personal life. If you dont want to be affected by gay sex. dont have gay sex.

It simply aint non of your business what others do. Not even a little. And if God is your reasoning, well god also say's not to judge or your in danger of the hell fire. Sounds like even god wants us to mind our own business. You let god worry about gods business. You just worry about loving your gay brothers like the bible say's you HAVE to
Old 06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Contributor

Why do you think shodom and gamora was destroyed
Old 06-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Contributor

What you dont seem to get is the seperation of church and state. It also say's you have to believe in Jesus, but that aint a law. Say's not to defile your temple, but christians over look that for a smoke and a drink. Say's you must abide by mans law, yet we speed, dont yield, dont fully stop, fail to signal....... All considered wrong by the bible.

Wheres the campaign against these issues?

The bible has little to do with our law, and should have even less. Which is good being more bloods been shed in the name of jesus than all other wars combined.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Contributor

And there will more soon enough
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Contributor

Besides what is your problem.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Contributor

I aint sure why my disagreeing with your opinion constitutes a problem.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Contributor

It dose not it just does not have to go on and on