BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Other Toys

Other Toys Dirt bikes, atv's etc

Old 10-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Scooters, anyone?

Since our Chinabuggies (for the most part anyway) use scooter drivetrains, and since you can learn a lot from browsing the scooter forums, I'm just curious if anybody here has gotten bit by the scooter bug? Aside from being street legal (which most buggies aren't), and the "practicality" of owning vehicles with similar or even identical engines, I think ot would be fun to have another cheap toy that can can be modded cheaply and easily.
I've kinda been looking at the Ruckus clones by SSR and Icebear and a few other scoots.
Anybody here own/ride or have experience with any of them?
Old 10-29-2016, 12:24 AM
Heavy Contributor

We have owned a GY6 scooter for years. What I learned on the Yerf-Dogs has been applied to the scooter to allow it to cruise comfortably at 50 mph, but it is too light for freeways and the engine is winding out.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Lite Contributor

Cool. I've been thinking about getting one for runs into town to Walmart and maybe cruising the Sonic. :-D
I'm not really a motorcycle guy, but a fun little modded customed scoot just kinda appeals to me.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

Just realize anything over 50cc or 30mph typically requires a motorcycle endorsement to operate. I have a Honda 70, Tank 150 (the GY6 scooter) and Kawasaki 1000 that all require an endorsement on my license.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg file.php?avatar=15_1301421899.jpg (13.5 KB, 4 views)