BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Mini Buggy Reviews

Mini Buggy Reviews Want to share your experience with a particular buggy? Do it here!

Old 09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Baja Reaction 150cc

Here's sits ol' faithful. This actually was a pretty good machine. The only downside to consider was having to deal with Baja. Their customer service was ok but they didn't stock a lot of the parts and there were always those that needed to be backordered from China which could take forever. however, what they do have is not too aweful expensive. The funny thing is, if you try to buy parts from a Baja reseller, half of them have their parts a HECK of a lot higher priced than if you buy from Baja directly. None the less, baja is in fact still in business and the machine was decent and would take a beating and keep going. Top speed was GPS'd at about 35 mph.

They jet their carbs pretty low and if you waver much at all, the machine will not like it. Jet with care for your mods.

Pros: Pretty dependable.
Cons: Parts may be back ordered from China. Bench seat instead of buckets.

Overall BuggyMasters Rating: 6 out of 10

I would have rated higher but the parts are not as easily obtained as an ASW machine.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Contributor

I've got this exact machine, and there have been several generations of this one since your bench seat model with the SunL engine.

They now are basically Kinroad clones with two seats and Howhit engines.

On mine, I removed the awful spine-breaker bench seat and replaced it with a single seater from a Blade single seater kart. MUCH improved comfort, even if a little legroom was sacrificed.

You can do a large number of mods to this particular model, including all CVT, electrical, and intake mods. Big bores might be out of luck because of the SunL engine (depends on which flavor of THAT you've got...), and the Hammerhead exhaust won't fit the SunL cylinder head - but the MRP one will with a little enlarging of the flange holes. That MRP exhaust was a big upgrade.

Newer 2-seat models can use the Hammerhead or MRP exhaust and will accept big bore kits (with the usual associated work required for those).

All in all, I've been impressed with it's resilience - particularly all I've put it through over the past couple years. Mine has taken a heck of a beating, and is still running - in some ways better than ever from the mods I've put on. She still needs a little TLC, tho.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Contributor

The last reacton that came out of PepBoys was not the best buggy. We had it at several NEBA/MBRA events and it showed all it's flaws reather quickly.

I don't have an upload option to post a pic but it was the 150 with the fancy cat eye headlights. Aside from the extremely bad welds on many of the buggies it is the most unstable buggy ever build, even worse then the yerfdog. We have video of it rolling over one or twice and getting on two wheels at a very slow speed. Not a buggy I would choose for little kids or new buggy drivers.

The reaction above is completely different and looks far superior to the pepboy 150 buggy.
570-267-0711
If it ain't broke. DRIVE IT HARDER!
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Lurker

How much was it and where can you get them?