BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Mini Buggy Reviews

Mini Buggy Reviews Want to share your experience with a particular buggy? Do it here!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Default KenBar sta9

i have owned kenbar off road karts for over 20 years. i like the fact that they are built in the USA and use american parts for the most part.
the original sta9 is single seat go kart with 21x11x8 rear tires/wheels, and 16.5x8x8 front tires/wheels. 5hp briggs engine with a comet 30 drive unit. dual rear disc brakes, and a rear differential axle that allowed tighter turns than most straight axle karts. this is a full roll caged kart with a seat belt for safety. this is a very durable reliable well built kart in stock form. i have owned multiple kenbars over the years now and have not had the rear axle failure that is spoke about in other reviews. in modified form i have broke every part on these karts as with any modded units will occur. currently my sta9 has 21x7x10 front tires/wheels, 22x11x10 rear tires and wheels, briggs modded 13-15hp motor with mikuni 27mm dirt bike carb and straight pipe. heavy duty cromoly front tie rod links and heim joints. currently no suspension on this cart, but will soon. very fast and durable now... but you have to work the bugs out as with any modded vehicle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kenbarsta9rev2.0.JPG (81.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by LEEEZARD7; 07-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.