BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 12-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Lurker

Default Roketa GK 06 250cc won't charge

We have owned a Roketa 250 buggy for a little over a year. We had the cheap battery die last spring and replaced it but have had to charge the new battery every couple hours of run time. If we run any of the lights it kills the battery quick. When the buggy is running there is no charge to the battery only a constant drain. So what part do I need to replace to get this baby back to charging correctly? I am sick of my kids calling me dead in the woods. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

The stator or voltage regulator are the items involved in the charging system. First go through and unplug and replug all the electrical connections to verify you don't have a bad connection. Check for broken wires or connections too. Next thing is -did you add higher wattage lamps? Does it run & start like it used too?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Lurker

I already unplugged it all and still no change. I have checked all the relays and fuses as well. No extra lights were added to the buggy other than the lights that came with it. 3 spot lights on top and 2 headlights. We never ran them much. The buggy still starts and runs like a champ when we have it charged for about 3-5 hours per charge. Is there a way to determine which part exactly is bad?
Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

Seldom does the stator go bad, it is most likely the rectifier/regulator, or wiring. Check that you show ground at the green to rectifier