BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 12-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Lurker

Unhappy No igntion key or switch.....GY6 Help

Hi everyone,

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324

That is my welcome post with what I'm working on atm. I have just got round to fixing up the big Sahara buggy, and it has a GY6 engine, however, there is no key, and the ignition switch is knackered. Can anyone give me some advice on how to start her up on a really basic level, minimal wire loom usage (as some of the wiring has frayed and needs repair - I have repaired what I can see is damaged but there maybe bits I cant see). I just want to see if she'll turn over or at least spark. I'm just starting out with this one, so I have no idea what work is needed

Many thanks

JB
Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Lurker

Just use a screwdriver across the solenoid, you may have to jump the switch though so it gets power to the CDI.

05 Carter Talon FX150R Sliders, 1500# spring, CDI, Coil,Uni, 125 main
Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Administrator

You have to find which wire is the hot and which wire goes back to power the rest of the buggy. you may very well have a ground wire in there to and you definately don't want to jump from power to hot. So as mentioned above, you will have to locate the wire that powers the rest of the buggy coming back from the switch and once you have power to it, you could jump the solenoid.