BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Lurker

Default Wont even turn over

Alright, ever since i have rolled my buggy, it hasnt been the same. First there was a buzzing/clicking from the starter relay/solenoid so i replaced the whole unit. Now, when i go to start it, the ignition light comes on, the battery has good charge, yet the engine does NOTHING, there is no different from when i turn the key to when the ignition is off.... please help meee thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

I hope you're okay from the roll. I'd start from the starter and work my way back to the ignition. Try jumping the starter- Hook the positive jumper cable to a screw driver as the terminal is very close to the carb bowl-if nothing then the starter or the starter drive is suspect. If it turns the engine over, then jump the terminals of the soleniod (a pair of pliers works well for this). If it turns over then the wiring coming in to the soleniod is suspect(either battery wire or ignition wires. If it still buzz's then battery it too weak.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Power User

when i first read this, my first thought was that the roll may have killed the battery.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Lurker

Yeah, i am fine thanks, it was in my field ....quite fun actually. Alright, i will try that now and get back to you
Old 03-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Lurker

Right, it starts with the starter being jumped fine, light come on the dash when ignition is on so what could it be?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Does it start when you jump the soleniod?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

There should be a fuse somewhere in or near the electrical box, these are known to blow which will cause this problem. I have replaced mine with the new style mini fuse using a 12AGW wire. The old buss fuses will blow from the vibration plus you have this 10amp fuse with 20 AGW wire. Also if you changed components with out disconnecting the battery this could blow the fuse.