BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > ATV Dirt Bike and UTV Forums > Side by Side Forum

Side by Side Forum Forum for Side by Sides

Old 01-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Lurker

Default American Sportworks LM650 engine swap

Some pics of the initial work on my UTV engine swap. Picked up this American sportworks 650 UTV with a blown engine for a steal of a deal, after teardown inspection it seems the air cleaner screws came loose and wreaked havoc on the engine, not just one cylinder, but both cylinders. Needless to say this engine is screwed!

Still trying to find some good heads, and or the time to bust out the spool gun and weld up the damage. So for now I have a line on a good Kohler command engine that I will rebuild as I try to scrounge for EH65 parts. This engine is a Robin (Subaru) EH63, with the 1 barrel carb. My goal is to rebuild this engine, the case, crank, and other parts are fine, just shredded the pistons and heads. Note to other EH65 owners, make sure those air cleaner screws are tight!

Stay tuned for more pics as I get things together. Should be a fun project. Project should involve some suspension updates as well since the stock shocks and springs are like a covered wagon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Small1.jpg (60.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg small3.jpg (59.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Small2.jpg (58.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Small4-head.jpg (49.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg small5.jpg (58.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Small6.jpg (58.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Smallheads.jpg (65.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-29-2019, 06:26 PM
Lurker

Update: Tried to hone the scored cylinder, and no joy, going to have to bore it oversize. - In the meantime it makes a great doorstop lol

Will teardown a Kohler smoker that I scored for parts, hopefully it won't need a rebore as well. But I would rather put my money into the Kohler than the Robin engine, so hard to find parts for the robin and they are spendy!
Old 02-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Lurker

Coming back together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P670small.jpg (100.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Lurker

DJ530
How you coming with that EH65eengine. You wouldn't be willing to part with the coils would you?
I've got one with about 500hrs and no fire.

bbirder