BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Lurker

Default 6.5 tec.motor ( batman mod)

Anyone ever had any work done on there motor by daremotorsports.com ( Batman) I was looking into getting a new motor for my cart but read on another forum he does good work,and can get 10 HP out of a 6.5 tec.motor for 200 dollars.sounds a lot better than trying to start over with a new motor.but would like some references
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Lurker

Hi, i've purchased parts from Batman (David Ables / batman@whitneytx.net) in the past with success, seems he's very busy with other projects from what i read in other posts, however i've been in contact with him within the last month or so, emails probably the best method. Sounds like you're talking about Batman's Hop Up Kit - a good investment for the money from what i understand. I'd go that route with my TECs as well however you've got the send him the cylinder for the machine work - the shipping would break me (i'm in Canada).
Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

What does he do to get the extra HP?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Lurker

I'm not aware of all the specifics on the machine work involved. For additional info check Batman's website at http://hillsboro.net/users/dare/dare04/index.html for details or contact David Ables (Batman) at batman@whitneytx.net.