BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-07-2018, 07:33 PM
Lurker

Default Build Thread Kandi KD-250

Hello, I am new to the forum but after reviewing a few forums, this one seems like you guys are really helpful and like-minded so here I am... I've build many race cars, mostly for Drag Racing but this is my first Buggy build and I need some help...

We bought a 2011 Kandi KD-250 from a fellow Engineer at work. He had bought it for his son, new in 2011 but his son is now driving age and the cart has sat for 2-3 years. It ran when parked, but its got issues I am resolved to fix and upgrade!

I am in the middle of the tear-down with my two kiddo's and I have a Two technical questions.

The Rig:
2011 Kandi KD-250
This appears to be a water-cooled Honda 250 clone, and also it appears to be like a CARB legal in California buggy. I know my friend bought it from a place on the internet, in California and had it shipped here to North Florida in 2011.

1.) The carburetor and air box appears to have emissions controls above and beyond what I expected. I've labeled and removed the air box, carb, and intake manifold. I was told it was running but hard cold-starting when last parked. Since carbs are cheap, I'm going to buy a new upgraded, non-emissions carb set up which is what I need an experienced opinion.

The carb I have says Made in Japan. There are no model numbers on it. I put some calipers on it and here are the specs:

Intake manifold inlet:
inside diameter i.d. - 33mm
outside diameter i.d. - 36mm

Air box inlet:
inside diameter i.d. - 47mm
outside diameter i.d. - 50mm

2.) The Kart has a transmission. It appears to have a reverse. I do not have an owners manual so I am unsure if it has a neutral. I am unsure what kind of transmission this is, does it have fluid that needs changing, are there upgrades for this unit, and are there replacement transmissions that might perform better?

The transmission has the following designation on the cover: AKNDX250GML

Any help with the CARB and TRANS info for performance MODS, Maintenance, and/or replacement options, please let me know?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and communications!

Sincerely,

Scott Baldwin "The_Engineer"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0507.jpg (97.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0508.jpg (92.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0510.jpg (97.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0511.jpg (93.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0487.jpg (97.8 KB, 14 views)