BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Lurker

Default Tomberlin Crossfire

Hi all.

I have an old, worn out tomberlin crossfire that I will be restoring over the next few months. I canfabricate a lot of things, and have some decent background in welding.

Right now I am in the preparation stage and am wanting some helpful feedback

Here is the plan:

1) install my gx620 in the rear end, just finished repairing one and it runs great. Just figuring out how to set up the throttle mechanism as the original had manual throttle. Choke will be easy

2) fix brakes - the linesare shot but the caliper is nice salvageable? Rebuildable or just buy new brake set?

3) new shocks. I cant for hte life of me find any front shocks for this thing. Advice?

4) new tie rod ends/heims

5) new tires. I plan on replacing bearings in front but am on fence about rear. Obviously i am goigng to need to re-gear with the honda gx620 so here are the important questions

what transmission works with the gx620? I have heard the comet 780 should be a good choice and that is what I am wanting to do. I also have some spare comet 40 series torque converters that I may use instead. Thats not the real question though. What about reverse? Please give me some good feedback here. I would really like to have reverse, but am running into either prohibitively expensive overkill, or not strong enough (e.g. comet reverse gearbox).

Also, has anybody changed out axle sprockets on this?

And finally... seats! Mine arent existant. and am wanting something that is padded and fits.

Again, i can fabricate things to make this all work out.

Thanks for your time and any helpful advice.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:32 PM

welcome Gran
Old 05-10-2016, 10:53 PM
Lurker

For the seats you can buy new seat foam and replace the leatherette if needed and staple it back up. I've done it before and it didn't take but 30min.