BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Default trail tech vapor/ tach question ?

loving the trail tech, just need to run wiring for the tach. do u guys have just a single wire wrapped around the coil ? I called trail tech support the first guy told me the wrong info for getting power to the trail tech I figured it out on my own. called for the tach and the guy send just use any regular wire to wrap around the coil and it will work. just curious if it need a ground wire also.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Heavy Contributor

No ground needed. I got mine wrapped about 3 times around the positive connection on the coil. The wire connection behind it. Then push it up tight so the rubber insulator covers it slightly.
I don't know if anyone else has this issue. But the rpm do vary. Jumps up and down slightly. Few hundred rpm on idle. But still works good.
For the price, the trail tech works great. 5 stars. Had same one for 4 years. Been sitting out in all kinds of weather. Still keeps kicking. If gets real wet, might be little glitchy. But it will dry, and works great again.

Last edited by tkeagle; 09-03-2017 at 08:20 AM.