BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > BuggyMasters.com Suggestions

BuggyMasters.com Suggestions Have a suggestion for BuggyMasters.com? This is where you post your request.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Lurker

Default Tapatalk

This may have been brought up but it would be great for this forum to be available for viewing in the iPhone/iPad app called Tapatalk. This app really makes it nice for us iPad people to view the site. The forum owner just needs to activate it which is free. http://www.tapatalk.com/index.php
Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Lite Contributor

I might use this if you wind up doing it. I try to get on here from my phone but since I can do any advanced postings from my phone I generally don't get on here. Haven't had a computer for a few months now so that's why I haven't been doing any posting on this forum or any other. If you had a mobile app, I could have been.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Heavy Contributor

If you have an iPhone or Blackberry, all the features of the site are available through the phone browser without needing an app. I did upgrade the BB phone browser to Opera to get better functionality.

I have not tried Android devices on the forum, but Firefox is available for that phone if the stock browser is lacking.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Lite Contributor

I don't have an iPhone. The Android browsers work great, but I can't upload pics and other attachments. I shouldn't have to download (and won't) another browser. Just thought moderators would want to make it easy for their forum members, especially since forum reader apps are free.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

FYI: Tapatalk Forum App for iPhone is a $3 purchase.

As you see, there's more than one way access the forum.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Lite Contributor

Guess I just thought it but didn't type it...there are other forum apps out there that don't cost the user anything. I just use several forums and Tapatalk is already on my phone.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Lurker

I was just throwing it out there because it works great with forums running under vBulletin and it is just another convenience for forum users. It's probably the most used forum app on the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to date.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Heavy Contributor

That is the most commonly used forum application because they have ported to most of the mobile phone platforms, but I refuse to die a slow death by the appstore bleeding my wallet dry. Anyone that tells you that an iPhone is so great should explain to you why an app has to be downloaded every time you want to do a task.

It's time for the forum software to be more flexible based on the client connecting. Too many software developers program with tunnel vision requiring these crutches to make it work.

I found that having an alternate browser with desktop features on your phone usually allows you to access websites that are worthless on your phone with the stock browser - This has worked well for me on Palms, Blackberries and iPhones.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sure there's an app for that...
Old 03-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Lite Contributor

HaHaHa! I'm sure there is an app for that.

Reference the rant: You don't like having to download an app to make ALL forums view better on your phone. Not just one or two. But, you want to download another web browser. Isn't that essentially doing the same thing?

Anywho. Doesn't matter cause it's probably not going to happen anywho.

It's the American dream...We complain cause something isn't exactly how we like it, we accept defeat cause the people who can change it won't change it, and we move on.

I feel better now. Good session everyone. LOL
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Heavy Contributor

It has more to do with cost of the app. Everything you want to do on the iPhone costs you $. Downloading a better browser, not only renders forums better, but usually helps you view web pages better than the stock browser (and it's free).
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Power User

Be like X ... run5 year old samsung ATT phone over with dump truck .... take a break, fire up the desktop and check the various forums .... problem solved .... samsung phone rings ... NS! dang it, i thought i fixed that .....