BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default Armed Forces vs. Helix

I had the pleasure and availabilty to meet one of our forum members yesterday -"bootboy1488" and his buddy in Fayetteville,NC. Since it wasn't but 2-1/2 hrs. away I figured I'd go see his place to play, buggies and meet face to face a couple of our unsung heroes before they deploy in a few weeks.
They've stumbled upon an incredible set of trails and driving/riding area @ the edge of their subdivision. They both have Helix's and when they say they beat them up! THEY MEAN IT!! Hard to believe that guys who jump from planes would enjoy this incredible sport of mini buggies, well there's not doubt in my opinion that they drive like they live. Big to the manufacturer of the HELIX for building a buggy that can take it and then some.
Due to work schedules we didn't get started till almost dark and drove well into it. This area - I'm guessing is 600+/- acres of hard packed sand trails, ravines, creeks, shallow ponds,hills, banked burms, whoopdee do's and woods that if I was left alone out there would have spent a good amount of time trying to find my way out. I haven't been to any of the commercial ATV parks yet (only watched videos) but this place has it all without an admission fee right down the street from their house.
If you want to test your skill and buggies durabilty this is the spot in NC. We are going to meet up on Friday May 20th for an all day experience at this location. Anyone close should try to come- I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Of course without admission comes lack of luxuries- No toilets,no snackbar and no lien waivers. Ride/drive at your own risk and come prepared with food and drinks. There is areas to park with your trailers and no fear of the Police running us off. I've only been into go karts/buggies for a short while and not been away from our 65 acre trails, this was absolutely AWESOME and you can personally shake the hand of these men that work so hard to keep us safe and free to have this as a hobby.
Bootboy1488 is going to get us a detailed map off the main hwy in Fayetteville.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Contributor

Google,mapquest, or use your gps to get yourself to Walmart on raeford rd in Fayetteville nc. If you are in the Walmart parking lot look towards raeford
Rd. (north) there will be a road to your right (east) named ghillis hill. Take ghillis hill south (turn right) for 1 mi. It will be a traffic
Light with a fresh produce stand selling strawberries, onions
Etc.. Turn left onto Stoney point for 3.1 mi. You will
Go through a two traffic lights and pass jack Brit schools. Once you get to the third light go straight through it on your right is a car wash immediately after it turn right onto deaver. Then stay right on the black top. Follow all the curves (watch your speed) go trough two stop signs. After that second stop the very next road is sir Michael turn right. Turn left on princess amelia ( very next road) follow that road down the hill and park on the sand up and to the left. Leave room for other people. In addition to us,
Lots of local people ride these trails. Somethings to Keep in mind. Any and all types of ATVs, horse riders and off road vehicles will be about these trails. You MUST clean up after your selves. Regardless of other idiots trashing public land, you will be asked to leave if you do anything to ruin our (the idiot locals) chance of keeping this area open. If you would feel safer with a side arm that is fine north Carolina is an open carry state. If anyone gets out of hand the reasonable others around you will help handle this situation. Be responsible and have a great time. This area is a blast. I do recommend that if any parts or parts of your toys worry you of possible breakage, bring extra. Bring food, drinks and toilet paper. There is a gas station right outside of the subdivision. I apologize for the sporadic topics and horrible grammar. If you are going to come message me on here or email me bootboy1488@gmail.com. I'll give you my number at that time. Also metalstudman1 or myself can help with your questions thanks for reading
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Contributor

More to add. Everyone that I have into contact with on these trails have been very friendly and helpful. Even if you stop for a cigarette they ask to make sure you are ok. You can bring your kids or wives. There are a bunch of swimming holes in the river aswell, three lakes to try out fishing. This place is a great time I hope to see some of you!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Administrator

We have a lot of members here in NC. YOu should post this under the Clubs and Riding events. Sounds like a blast.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Buggymaster you should try to take the day off and drive the RZR in an enviroment it was built for!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Contributor

Man a rzr would be crazy in that bowl. There is a good amount of trails i can't take with the helix your rzr would tear through. I sure tried though.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Administrator

The RZR is already gone. Hope to have a new toy this weekend. We'll see.

I'll tell you now that I am going to have one hell of a good Side by Side review comparison when I am finished. I have just three more to own and then I have owned them all. Like I said...more to come in the next few weeks.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Is this a public place?
Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Contributor

Yes. Hole mills city originally bought the land for a garbage dump. The land was closed down soon after and not used. The police have never hassled us. They want to make sure we stay off the roads in the housing development and no shooting, with so many people riding around back there
Old 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Contributor

Might help if I state that it was reopened awhile back
Old 05-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the satellite view http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&ie=U...,0.027423&z=15 This photo was taken awhile back and doesn't show the new homes on Princess Amelia but does show Sir Michael Dr. dead ending into the riding/driving area.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 05-12-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: correction on link
Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Contributor

Yes. Look to the south (down) From the air I found a couple new spots. There are trails all through the trees.

Last edited by Bootboy1488; 05-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Just a reminder to anyone who lives near Fayetteville,NC to come out Friday (5-20-2011) and meet a couple of our soldiers before they deploy and have a blast playing in the dirt @ this incredible location.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Contributor

Tomorrow is the day fellas, come out and have some fun
Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry that others couldn't make it today as it was a workday.We took advantage of the clear trails and had another great time driving and visiting with these soldiers. For future reference this area is available to us anytime. I'm proud to say that the Helix's took another huge beating and didn't breakdown, Not true for my "different type of buggy" I had to prematurely put it back in the truck as a shock mount steadily bent more & more from the constant pounding to the point it was grinding a groove in my sprocket guard.Didn't want to get stranded out on the"south-forty". If you have a breakage out here you really need to be able to repair in the field as it's some very challenging terrain to try and tow it back. Once again I want to thank our soldiers again for their hospitality and sharing the location of this riding/driving area. They deploy next weekend and hopefully this experience will give them something from home to grin about while away protecting our freedom.
picture: left to right- Bootboy1488 (rik), metalstudman1,Casey (the dog) & Scott
Also the 2 incredibly tough Helix's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rik,jim,scott.jpg (96.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by metalstudman1; 05-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Contributor

I had a great time, some bumps in the road for the day but it turned out great! Hopefully you get that monster back up soon, to enjoy some riding with the kids. A day well spent I thank you for all your help and hope to do it again next year. And you forgot Casey, surprised she wasn't busy licking the dirt
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Edited the pic. Okay,we're all accounted for in the pic!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Contributor

Haha good deal.