BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Contributor

Default yerf dog 3203 oil burning/smoke problem

Today i was riding when i noticed its start to smoke bad. I had no problems the 1-2 hours before when i was riding it. Its burning oil really bad. in just wondering what the problem is in pretty sure its a gasket because it still starts on the first pull.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Power User

did you pick up the front end to move it around etc? If you pick it up high enough, you can move the oil from the crankcase into the carb. It'd smoke for awhile but eventually burn through and clear up

Otherwise, based on your other post, you may have sucked in dirt/mud and done in the piston/rings/cylinder walls.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:16 AM
Contributor

That's what I'm worried about. I think I'm just gonna buy a predator for it eventually because this Tecumseh has gone to crap. It runs good but always is having problems.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:59 PM

Get the Predator. For around $100 it's a good engine thus far for me. Also gained a couple MPH over the tired old Tec.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 10-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Contributor

Well I'm still keeping the predator in mined i did a little more inspecting in the day light and found out that i just forgot to put the 2 rocker cap screws that face the exhaust back on and oil was shooting out of those and started burning which caused the smoke. Xlint89 how fast does your yerf go with the predator on?