BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

Default Monco Duce- New project?

Monco –Duce New project.. Maybe
Looking to at least maybe get started on a new buggy Monco-Duce. Person I bought from said everything there, and he just replaced the front suspension with new ones. (which he did) All he said I needed to do is hook up engine, Trani, and wiring, and should run strong. However, I cannot find any manual for the Duce. For other Monco’s yes, but not the Duce. And not sure if that is the stock engine or if that is a new one he put in it. Anyone got idea’s where to look? Love to see if cant get it running this weekend. If anything just the engine. But even hooking up the throttle, seems to be something new to me on this buggy. Yes, I do have the front tires and rims for it.

With that said, would also like to know, or idea’s if this buggy would be working on? My knowledge is pretty much limited to 150cc Gy6 engine based buggies. So there will be learning curve for this one. I paided $500.00 for the Duce. I could sell it easy to a few ppl that have already seen it. Would I be better off, selling it, and getting another Gy6 base buggy. Or does the Duce produce good power, Mod’s. ect… that matches, or is even better than Yerfdog?

Love to hear any thoughts on the subject. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150304_122145_842.jpg (100.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150304_122209_454.jpg (96.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150304_122224_509.jpg (100.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Heavy Contributor

I think it's a pretty solid buggy... It'll probably need some front end work by the look of it (lol) but I've seen one or two around here on Craigslist! Add some paneling (not too difficult on that squared off body) and it looks totally different. Not to mention replacing a Tecumseh is much less expensive (if it goes) than a GY6. I'd say go for it for a year or two then flip it (metaphorically, not literally).
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

It’s solid, there is no doubt there. Yerf feels like a baby compared to this thing. What I thought real interesting is that it has what they call a Semi-independent rear suspension. Instead of a swing are, its connected to the frame by a large ball bearing. (simplest way to say it) So when going over rocks or whatever, not only does the shock give, but the cage in the back will pivot also. However, as I said, not sure where to get parts for this thing. Ive have also seen ppl put skins on this thing. They do look cool if done right. In my town, they give out tags for Razor type ATV’s and golf carts. But no 4 wheelers, or go-karts. I tried to get the Yerf tagged. But didn’t fly. This was before I did all the modes to it. Might try it again. But with the Duce, I’m thinking if I set the skins up right, to look similar to a Razor Might be easier to get it tagged. Just not sure if I’m in the mood for a learning curve.

I’m also thinking that a new 22hp Predator engine would go in there pretty easy. The traini is rated up to 24hp. Has anyone messed with these engines? Some places ppl have said their true HP is around 14 rather the 22. Anyone confirm that?