BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 11-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Lurker

Default newb from CT

Hey everyone. ..my name is bill and ...I came across this forum...I just scored a new hammerhead GTS 150 about 2 months ago and I fully enjoy beating it down hahaha....I'm hoping to learn the many ways to modify these things Like I do with everything else I own
Old 11-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Lite Contributor

welcome!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Lurker

yeah this little bugger has taken some serious abuse in the few months ive had it,lol...but now im on the hunt for ways to make it faster and stronger because eventually i think its gonna blow up hahah ...esp. with the way i drive it...the biggest thing im looking for is ways to make the clutch grab better and some sort of boost in overall top end speed would be nice too!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:20 AM

welcome to our home
Old 11-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Power User

welcome aboard, start up a thread with pics, we love pics ...
Old 11-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Lite Contributor

Well you'll find plenty of info on pulling apart the clutch and variator replacing the rollers, springs, ect. My advice is read up on what configurations worked best and what gains were. It is very easy to dig in there with the right tools. Let us know if you need anything.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 AM
Lurker

Lol....ok it's been a while since I've been on here...still have my gts ....and she's definitely had the smack down laid on her for sure! I've honestly never seen a go kart take this much abuse,haha....too fun...well now Im at the point were she's finally broken down a little bit...not surprised after all the rock bashing and mud bogging...

So here's my dilemma....I've tried using the search feature here and elsewhere but I'm seriously lacking in the terminology department,haha....I'm thinking that while its out of commission due to stock parts finally letting go, news a great time for UPGRADES!!!

What I'm looking for...if it's even available...
1.) HD clutch( def. want one w lot of grab
2.) CDI? I've read these are integral to top end speed, so yeah I wanna go fast!
3.) suspension upgrade ....really want stronger shocks or struts
4.) anything else to make it more powerful or faster!

I'm also very interested in the frankenbuggy concept but the builds I've looked at ...every...kinda tough to understand the terminology and I have no idea where to even begin to look for parts other than CL or eBay...

Ultimately my goal is to get my gts up and running again with some more power and better suspension...but I need help...if I can get more info or redirected to build threads with a plethora of info than I'm def. gonna hit the ground running, I have a sickness...I just can't leave **** stock!