BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Fun afternoon

Well I finally got both my spiderbox and fox carbide running and got them out for some backyard fun. The are both a blast. The spiderbox is so peppy but will beat your brains out on a trail. The carbide has a much nicer ride but not quite as peppy. I guess is due to the weight of each kart. It will be difficult to choose which one to keep. I may keep both for awhile.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Lite Contributor

I did catch a fender on a limb and ripped it off. Front right.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

I like power!!! But still have yet to get some "work Shocks" on the Yerf. Sounds like it makes a night/day difference in the ride.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 AM

I was in the same boat. I had both the hammerhead and yerf dog. Even though I had a ton of $ into the yerf I still decided to keep the hammerhead and sell the yerf. It's just night and day in quality. The yerf feels like it has more power because it's lighter. It's like you said though it beats you up in the trails. The ride in the hammerhead is so much nicer and the turning radius in the hammerhead was still smoother and sharper then the yerf with the upgraded steering. I didn't want to keep a 2 seater and a si gle seater because the 2 seater wasn't getting used enough so it gave me another reason to sell the yerf. There's just so many weak links to the yerf it's almost never ending. That's why there so many threads with spiderbox yerfs getting mods. Either way glad to hear your enjoying them both.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.