BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Pennsylvania meet

its been mentioned a few times on here, but i thought i would bring it up again. We have quite a few people on the forum from pa, my brother and i thought it would be a lot of fun to get a group ride together, so i'm going to throw the idea out there, open for discussion i don't have a suggestion as to where or when so all suggestions are welcome i'm kinda in the center of the state so i can go in any direction.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Lurker

im in the center too, Williamsport. i just started on here and i cant figure out how to post anything besides doing a reply. I have a Helix 150cc and want to do some things to pep it up a bit. New plugs, air filter, exhaust, not sure if there is any aftermarket parts..
Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Lite Contributor

Oh sweet, I live in Lewisburg, just down the road, i went to college in Williamsport at Penn College. anyways good luck building the helix, if you know any good places to ride up there let me know
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Contributor

I'm all for a bash, We broke up our buggies pretty good at the national a few weeks ago but I wouldn't mind hosting a meet and greet at my place for some PA buggynuts.

Here are some vids of past meets at the krusekontrol Kompound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD7DBYUJ6FU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2urbC8hi_A

You can also go direct to the You tube channel to see more vids of rallies
http://www.youtube.com/buggynuts5
570-267-0711
If it ain't broke. DRIVE IT HARDER!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Contributor

Hey Dbil84, do you live close to the Dunkin Donuts, the one across from Wendy's? I deliver there every wednesday
570-267-0711
Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Haha yeah not too far from DD if you make a straight line west about two miles, out among the farms and fields. but anyways yeah i would be down for a meet my brother would def be in, start throwing out some dates
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Contributor

I'm thinking about mid August, we might mix a birthday party for my wife and I with a buggy meet and greet. BBQ, fireworks, swiming and camping in the back field. I only have 11 acres so our numbers will be limited to maybe 20 or 30 buggies max.

we could make it a fri to sun bash. for those that don't want to setup camp there is a really nice hotel in town just down the road.
570-267-0711
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Lite Contributor

yeah that all sounds real good, i know i'm going to be busy the weekend of the 14th but i think all the others will work
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Lurker

I own 23 acres in Cogan Station PA right outside of Williamsport. WE can ride there and there is awesome trails and railroad track near my riverlot and along the river. Anyone recommend any performance parts for my stock Helix 150?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Lite Contributor

taitethomas Lets do it! Would be fun riding somewhere new let me know when you are available. As for parts start with uni filter and exhaust upgrade carb rejet, clutch rollers or sliders and spring depending on high end or low end torque, contact the venders on the left they will hook you up
Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Contributor

23 acres sounds great, As soon as we put the buggies back together I'd love to head on down.
570-267-0711
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Lurker

Exclamation PENN rider here....

Hi ALL...
Once my rear axels get put back under the truck a ride near Wsport sounds kool. I threw a poll in the 'meet n greet' area about having a ride here as well.
...Kruse knows me and a few others on the forum do as well. I live north central PA about 70 miles from Williamsport in a town called Gillett. We have 10 acres here. A small amount of terrain variety with our fairly level track, small steep climb and hoping to get the mud bog area going. Camp over on our land will be allowed for any of our meets with about 3 acres of infield.
...In addition for general knowledge we try to have a Halloween meet annually which we open our haunted barn and on occasion through the year we have live music on our small outdoor stage.
...***We wish to have a meet here July 17, 18 and July 24, 25.
I do 2 days so that maybe those who can't attend one day might catch the next. Contact me for more info and i'll be watching the threads...
& my band*The Amplifires
Old 07-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Lite Contributor

wow now we are getting some things rolling here! grooviegargoyle i would love to get up there and ride unfortunately i busy the next two weekends, although a Halloween meet sounds like a ton of fun looked on google maps you're only like 2 hours away so that's not too bad
Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Lurker

Excellent dbil84. I was wondering how close you are. We are probaly going to have a meet in August but it won't be anything of great importance because we hope to have more save their travel to make it to krusekontrol's August bash. We are trying to set up atleast one or two meets a month through the spring and summer and maybe a snow event for the winter... RideOn!!
& my band*The Amplifires
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Contributor

Glad to see things are moving along. Is there anymore PA guys active on this board?
570-267-0711
Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Lite Contributor

sounds like im pretty isolated down here in chester county
Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Lurker

Default buggy clubs...

There are clubs in those areas and more developing all the time. We have a number of riders in eastern PA, western NJ and southeastern NY. There are a large number of us riders/owners working very hard to get a decent central registry so people like you can more easily get connected with other closer to you. Most clubs work with a 2hour to 4 hour driving radius to attempt to enbody as many possible members as they can without overextending.
You have already found a few who may be distant but it's a start. We also have a few southern PA and Maryland people out there. Hopefully they will find you or you them soon. In the mean time keep browsing these forums and keep a watch on the clubs as they grow...
...Hope we can see you at a meet sometme soon. Possibly if the wind blows the right way one of these mud brained buggy nutz might be passing your way headed to a meet sometime with an open seat...
& my band*The Amplifires
Old 07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Lite Contributor

august is coming up on us rapidly lets start hearing suggestions for weekends?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Contributor

We are have a little meet and greet at my place on August 13th 14th and 15th.

Groovey, sorry I couldn't make a run up this weekend, Mark and I had an emergency build for a figure 8 race. We only had 24hrs to do the build so it kinda to the front seat.
570-267-0711
Old 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Lurker

No problem... Noone ever comes so I just have buggy meets every weekend and get to keep my champion spot here, lol... I figured by the lack of interest here that next weekend would be the official meet here but no matter. I will keep having them even if just to amuse myself. Can't go anywhere until I get the axle seals and put the rear under my truck and with the clutch melted on the buggy I won't be driving that for another week or so. I might drive out in the car for August for a quick drop in but bringing the buggy is definitely not possible. Renting the trailer the last time cost me over $200 for the weekend and my trailer needs the axle replaced.
...Alll in fun even if it's alone.

Buggy meet here July 23, 24, 25 then no more official meets until September due to kruse's meet in mid August. Unofficial meets any weekend but I will like notice ahead to make sure someone is here...
& my band*The Amplifires
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Lurker

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovieGargoyle View Post
No problem... ...Alll in fun...

Buggy meet here July 23, 24, 25 then no more official meets until September due to kruse's meet in mid August. Unofficial meets any weekend but I will like notice ahead to make sure someone is here...
B.O.G. NE is having a meet July 23, 24, 25...
This is at GroovieGargoyle's personal property. There is 10 acres for track time and those willing can enjoy an approximately 5 mile semi-guided ride touring the local countryside. GPS: 41.972059,-76.864156
"Be here or be... square..."
& my band*The Amplifires
Old 08-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Lite Contributor

boy kruse i really would love to come up that weekend but i think you probably picked the busiest weekend of the summer , it really sucks cause sounds like a blast, is anyone willing to get together the following weekend of the 21st??