BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Lurker

Default Help Identify This Go-Kart

I was given this 150cc two seater that I need to identify in order to get replacement parts for it. Left spindle sheared off and I'm having a heck of a time locating one.
Thanks in advance!

Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Power User

looks like an older Hammerhead with the dogbone swingarm link in the rear. very common overall chassis and suspension design. search online using the term "strut" for a 150cc buggy. pretty sure it's a very common part. a lot of people that build new front suspensions may have their old ones lying about.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the tip. I've found tons of spindles that appear to be the same but the lengths are always longer or shorter. I'll keep searching.. Does the 3 triangle logo indicate any manufacturer?
Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM

I was looking at that emblem, but I didn't find anything yet. It resembles a few buggies, hammerhead and carter talon come to mind, but small differences in the frames.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 07-02-2013, 03:43 PM

Is there an id plate with a VIN# under the seat or in the floorpan?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Lurker

I'll check. I haven't seen any stamped vin or any type of identification. I looked in visible areas but have yet to tear anything apart.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Power User

i've sen that logo before but can't "place it" searched high and low through buggy pics from all the "name" manufacturers and didn't come across it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Lite Contributor

I just picked-up a Cater Talon 150, it has what appear to be the same struts but I have not measured them, if I get a free minute I will measure them today. I bought the cart for some of the parts but not the struts so I would happy to part with them if they will work for yours.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Lurker

Default Please!

Please check them out. I haven't found one yet so I'm still in the market. Let me know what other parts you'll have. I need an ignition switch(with key), Left front caliper and I'm sure many other odds and ends as I get into it more...

Thanks, Ryan
Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Lite Contributor

I may have what you need. The spindle measures 3.5", the control arms are still attached so I cannot measure the strut in the same fashion as you did but here is what I found.

I do have the switch with key and the caliper but I have not decided if I am selling the brakes yet, may try to retro fit them to my daughters Spiderbox...

Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Lite Contributor

Actually, now that I can compare the pictures I think these are too tall...your upper control arm is mounted much lower on the chassis than the one on this Carter Talon. You may have to move the mounts up higher on your chassis.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Lurker

Dave, here are a few more pictures. Where the upper arm mounts, the two frame bars don't run parallel. Not sure if moving the mounts up would work unless your frame is the same way. Moving them would also require your upper arms as I'm sure they are longer. Also included a pic of the lower are mounting. The caliper mounts need to be measured also to make sure they would bolt up. How much would you want for all four control arms and the 2 spindles?

Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Lite Contributor

I will not be able to check these for a few days but I will take better photos and measure everything this week. I can send you everything, upper arms, lower arms, everything, control panel too, might as well check out your rear axle, if it is the same I can provide that as well. We can work out the amount but I am a very reasonable guy. I will be in touch.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 PM

I came across this and thought of your post. It looks very similar to your buggy.
http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/sh...hlight=kinroad
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Lurker

Any info on the parts?

Thanks 2Slick, looks like the same rig! I think I was able to locate a replacement arm. I'm on hold pending Davcruz.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Lite Contributor

Ryan - I have not measured anything but the upper a-arm tabs on this frame are certainly higher up the rails than yours and the rails do appear to be close to even with each other. That said, the rear tab seems a bit lower than the front tab. They can be cut off easily but I think if you want to use the parts from this frame you would need to make your own tabs from 1/8th" plate.

If you want the a-arms and spindles we can work something out for a minimal investment on your part, say $40 plus shipping and I can include all the bolts also. I also have the complete front brake system including the dual master cylinder, lines and calipers.

If you want, you can come get the entire frame, etc for $60. I am in Virginia, not sure of your location. You could move everything from your buggy to this one...
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Lurker

Dave, I'm in upstate NY. I would take you up on the whole frame if closer!

The front suspension deal sounds fair but if you could get me a few pictures of the mounts and locations first to make sure its a possible swap. Also a few pics and measurements of the shock set up. I'm pretty good with a welder and fab work so it shouldn't be a problem.

How much do you want for the brake set up? Also, how much for the ignition switch.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Lite Contributor

Ryan - I will do my best to get pictures of the setup today for you.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Lite Contributor

I forced the time to get this information for you today. Here you go, the shocks mount just like yours, to the lower arm and to a frame mount that looks like it is like yours.

I also have the pedals, rack, wheel, etc. The rack is tight, needs some lube but moves fine, just tight.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Lite Contributor

Ryan, I took the chassis to the scrap yard and did not save the pedals, I have everything you asked about though and in addition the rack and steering wheel, etc.

Let me know if you want this stuff.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Lurker

Thanks Dave. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. Been hectic the last few weeks and haven't had a chance to even look at my kart. I'll get back to you as soon as I can measure up the chassis.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Lite Contributor

No worries, I am not in any hurry just wanted you to know what I have if you need it.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Lite Contributor

You gotten anywhere with your cart Ryan? I still have all the parts.