BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default Whats a good way to bleed the breaks??

I'm having a little trouble with the braking on my buggy, I just can't get them to lock up. I've bled them and tried adjusting them at the pedal, but still nothing. If I go from about 25mph it takes about 20-30ft to stop (maybe longer). If I'm going down a steep hill the back wheels keep rollin and I could be mashin the brake pedal, I'll slow down a little but can't get it to stop or at least slide the tires.

I plan on changing my brake pads pretty soon, they are not supper low but I just want to eliminate that as a problem.

I just wan't to know any tips or better ways to get the brakes to work right.

oh, and yes, brakes is spelled wrong in the title, but I can't change it.

Thanks,
T.J.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.

Last edited by T3beatz; 04-02-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Power User

aside from pressurizing the master and forcing it through that way, a mity vac brake bleeder. In soapkarts thread i showed a little fitting that you can use instead of the bleeder screw and eliminate any chance of air back-drawing through the threads of the bleeder when it's loosened for the job.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
I'm having a little trouble with the braking on my buggy, I just can't get them to lock up. I've bled them and tried adjusting them at the pedal, but still nothing. If I go from about 25mph it takes about 20-30ft to stop (maybe longer). If I'm going down a steep hill the back wheels keep rollin and I could be mashin the brake pedal, I'll slow down a little but can't get it to stop or at least slide the tires.

I plan on changing my brake pads pretty soon, they are not supper low but I just want to eliminate that as a problem.

I just wan't to know any tips or better ways to get the brakes to work right.

oh, and yes, brakes is spelled wrong in the title, but I can't change it.

Thanks,
T.J.
Here is what I went thru....http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2512
net fix was my caliper was frozen, pistons were not moving... new caliper, bleeding was the simple part !
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Heavy Contributor

I remember that thread, My brother and I spent a couple days working on his... I'm trying not to repeat the process! Also his system is a tad different from the spiderboxes. He has different calipers then I do.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Anytime you can get the caliper much lower than the master and gravity through the lines is key.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Contributor

I have an old cattle hypodermec syrange that i use to pull fluid and it works real good for this.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Supporting Vendor

Make sure your break lines are not restricted, sometomes the inner wall will collasp and restrict the flow of fluid. If when bleeding you get no pressure out bleeder suspect a collasped line.