BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Lurker

Default Need a 250cc cart around 2200$ - 2600$

What is a good buy!! I am not opposed to the china made machines
Old 11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Administrator

you should actually be able to find something pretty decent in that price range. Where are you located?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker

Illinois..... but I am interested in chain driven vs. shaft....is SHAFT BETTER!!
what engine to look for as far as upgrades.....alot of the china builts use Yamaha base or hinda base...are tey able to take upgrades easily... horsepower.. I am looking to be able to climb some hills without a stall.... right now I am looking at the GK-do6 from powersportsmax!! Any thoughts!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Administrator

I don't see any real advantage to one over the other other than no chain adjustment needed on the shaft driven. Looking at that GK d06 I don't have any direct experience with it to comment but looks priced too high.

With the yamabuggy, not only does it have plenty of room but it is a 5 speed semi auto trans so it will do what ever you want. Want to climb hills? No prob, use first gear. Want top end? No prob, run it out in 5th.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 AM
Contributor

dont buy from powersports max, do a goggle search and a bbb search on the record. I can probalbly get you a kinroad 250 for around that price range
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Don't buy from powersports max. I've got a friend that bought two atvs from them and after a month of light riding they were already in the shop. As for 250 karts in that price range, I would try to find a used carter bros or hammerhead. Do a google search for "hammerhead (or carter bros) 250 craigslist". You should be able to find some stuff, but you may have to drive some distance to get it.