BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 08-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Lite Contributor

Question valve clearances

Can anyone tell me what the valve gap should be on a Tecumseh ohh55 & ohh6
Thses are on my two carts and the 6hp that was given to us wont start without ether .
Starts and stays running after using ether but I was thinking that since it sat for 2+ yrs this might help get it going w/o the ether .
I searched the post in this section but to no avail.
Thanks Yall
HIGH OUTPUT IGNITION COIL
125 JET
GUTTED EXHAUST
RED NECK UNI STYLE INTAKE WITH PRE FILTER

New front end parts :
SPINDLES
BALL JOINTS
TIE ROD ENDS

http://anysoldier.com

Support our Troops send them a card letter or magazine subscription candy playing cards twizzlers gum homemade cookies
Old 08-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Tecumseh engines are notorious for the carbs going bad if they sit for any period of time. The idle circuit passages are so small on them that I have not yet been sucessfull in actually cleaning one. The "bolt" that holds the fuel bowl on is actually the main jet for it as well. Those are easy to clean. If you find that you need to replace the carb, get the one with the manual choke instead of the one with the primer bulb. Do a search on the word Tecumseh and I have the part number for the "good" carb posted somewhere.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Lite Contributor

I bought a new carb for it already .
The carb was the only thing missing from this cart other than the associated air clnr and parts before carb .
It starts no problem with the starting fluid justthought maybe they might help it start up easier.
HIGH OUTPUT IGNITION COIL
125 JET
GUTTED EXHAUST
RED NECK UNI STYLE INTAKE WITH PRE FILTER

New front end parts :
SPINDLES
BALL JOINTS
TIE ROD ENDS

http://anysoldier.com

Support our Troops send them a card letter or magazine subscription candy playing cards twizzlers gum homemade cookies
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Lurker

I use the stock TEC carb (on my HM80s) and a Tillotson HL-239B on my TEC H50 and H70 motors - best suggestion? get a compatible Tilly, you won't regret it. Hoping to pickup an E.C. Dominator (HL-360C) carb for my main HM80 before spring. Check my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/openwheelmanic?feature=mhum