BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Lurker

Default bajamotorsports 196cc

I have a bajamotorsports trax65 (i know...I know but i bought it anyway) After many hours messing around with carb settings I have determined that The clutch is fried ( at like less then an hour of use). any way I began to lookiinto the comet TAV2 but they went out of business. that leads me to the Hilliard extreme duty clutch. i was wondering if anyone has experience with this clutch on 6.5 clones? and if so, can you tell me what model to buy? I have not pulled the clutch off yet. so dont know shaft size, sproket count, or chain size.

thanks
Old 04-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Lurker

it is a 3/4" shaft. look here
http://www.tractorsupply.com/go-cart...sembly-5510262

http://www.tractorsupply.com/vehicle...clutch-5520851

http://www.tractorsupply.com/vehicle...clutch-5520021

best place to order if u dont have a tractorsupply local. mfgsupply. ive ordered there they have a flat $7 shipping rtate i got my parts down here to floridida in 2 days

2) homemade gokart 19"tires all the way around. project looking to get a gy6 150 or a 200cc atv/dirtbike motor for it.

3) big tire trailbike 20" mud tires. gonna chop it up make it 8"s longer 6"s taller and put 22"s on it. and a 150gy6 or a 200 atv/dirtbike full or semi auto. or 10-13hp motor

this is FCB signing out
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Lurker

Hey thanks very much. that looks like the exact clutch. I just got the hilliard extreme duty clutch. Holding up really good so far. got so hot it melted the plastic chain guard around itself and kept going. I appreciate the reply!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Lurker

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionary454 View Post
Hey thanks very much. that looks like the exact clutch. I just got the hilliard extreme duty clutch. Holding up really good so far. got so hot it melted the plastic chain guard around itself and kept going. I appreciate the reply!

buy a torque converter if u want to do a upgrade

can u post a a few pics? i want to see what kind of setup u have and what ur buggy looks like

2) homemade gokart 19"tires all the way around. project looking to get a gy6 150 or a 200cc atv/dirtbike motor for it.

3) big tire trailbike 20" mud tires. gonna chop it up make it 8"s longer 6"s taller and put 22"s on it. and a 150gy6 or a 200 atv/dirtbike full or semi auto. or 10-13hp motor

this is FCB signing out
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Administrator

torqe converter all the way. Seems to me someone just posted on here that someone bought Comet's stuff and will be carrying on the business. Good choice by them since they had the market on it.