Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Help me spend my money. - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Lurker

Default Help me spend my money.

So I like the looks of the bms sand sniper 150 and the trail master 150 xrx. So has anyone had a bms the trail master seem to get good reviews. Also where is a good place to buy both look to ship free.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Contributor

I'd look at the Hammerhead 150 as well.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD
Old 11-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Lurker

Looked at them to looks like a rebranded trailmaster for more money. Don't have any dealers around so can't look in person so pics have to do. Has anyone used go kart masters?
Old 11-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dodd View Post
Looked at them to looks like a rebranded trailmaster for more money. Don't have any dealers around so can't look in person so pics have to do. Has anyone used go kart masters?
Actually, the Trailmaster is the previous generation Hammerhead buggy. Sorry, I have never used go kart masters.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

Both Trail Master and Kinroad Sahara are good buggies. Polaris now owns Hammer Head. They pushed us smaller dealers out of the loop. A Polaris dealer will have them.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Lurker

I take it that kinroad is the manufactor of the bms buggies.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:50 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Polaris now owns Hammer Head. They pushed us smaller dealers out of the loop. A Polaris dealer will have them.
Well that's sad hear that they're pushing out the smaller dealers.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Lurker

The HammerHeads are a little higher quality, especially now that Polaris bought them. They are slowly making changes to them, this year, they just added an oil cooler/oil filter combo to them. I'm excited to see how beneficial that will be.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

as of right now polaris has done nothing with them, they dont build them, they are not contributing any new ideas to them. the quality is the same, in fact there is a recall on gas tanks from 2009-2015 for leaking at the seams. the oil coolers were a feature found on older HH models and AWS carbides that they might be bringing back. the word that i got from what i consider a very reasonably reliable industry source whom i shall remain nameless gave me the poop on the polaris acquisition. all i will say is that he works for a company that i currently do not do business with but works for a major powersports company. according to him polaris bought hammerhead so that they would be able to export polaris product to china to be sold. so i would not hold my breath to see anything new from hammerhead quite yet. as far as the quality, it's the same buggy made in the same factory.....nothing more, nothing less. a good buggy but nothing better than it was.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 11-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Lurker

Not trying to start a fight here, but I have talked to the guys over at Hammerhead, Polaris has already started making some changes to the hammerheads, they may be small changes but they are there. They started off with a whole new wiring harness which cleared up a bunch of electrical issues. I have also been told that, no Polaris isnt going to be doing a ton with the company, mostly just small things to improve reliability and longevity. I know I am happy they added the oil cooler, it sucks that they had it then didnt have it. They finally got rid of the electronic choke as well, there is now a choke cable mounted under the seat. They may be made in the same factory in China, but when they get to the warehouse here in TX they are then gone through to meet Hammerhead standards, which no offense to anyone who owns any of the buggies from the same factory, are higher than the others. The recall I am sure was polaris' idea. Notice they come with a six month warranty but they are replacing the fuel tank for free. I wouldnt own any other brand of the chinese made buggies
Old 11-25-2016, 03:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

No fight, the HH is a good unit. The tank recall is a fluke I'm sure, I just happen to come across one this week from a customer. I used to sell them but the model line just never grew and between HH and Trailmaster every HH I have sold has come back for repairs and there are still some Trailmaster I've sold That have never come back in over a year. The other thing I get asked is about the paint. The HH always seems to develop rust spots.
As far as the polaris thing. I have been sitting on the info a while and never thought of saying anything but now that I stopped dealing with HH another local guy picked them up. I stopped by there to check them out acting like a customer and asked some simple questions. I can't count how many polaris related lies he told me such as they are built by them for one. I am sure they will make improvements along the way but as far as new models.that we all hoped for. Not so sure.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 11-25-2016, 06:25 AM
Lurker

Yeah, they are definitely not built by polaris. That would be cool to a point, quality would be amazing in comparison to the current, but price would go up. I have been told from the guys at Hammerhead, they don't think polaris is planning any new models, at least for the time being. Just saying something this size would be amazing with their current turbo engine setup.