BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 11-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Lurker

Default Gy6 jetting.

Hi all, so I recently bought a go kart with a gy6 150cc motor in it. The carb was **** so I bought a new one of amazon. It ran fine on the top end and idled ok but it would bog out like being to rich on about 1/4-1/2 throttle. I tried a lot of different things, fast forward to today, as soon as I oiled the air filter the main was too rich so I tried smaller but that didn’t help so I pulled the diaphragm off and put the clip up two notches and now it runs even worse. It was on the bottom notch. I’m running a 105 main with a 34 pilot and it doesn’t want to run period. It’s so rich it isn’t even funny. But I thought the stock jetting for a gy6 was like 108 main so idk why it’s so bad.

Anyway, if anyone has any pointers on where to start that would be greatly appreciated. I also tried a 104 and 103 main which was just as bad.
Thanks so much,
Nathan
Old 08-05-2022, 10:36 PM
Lurker

The main jet typically comes into play near 3/4 to max throttle. You would typically change the pilot jet to a smaller size if too rich. if you have an air mixture screw then you can play around with that by screwing in to lean the mixture, normally two turns out from all the way in.