BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 02-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Lurker

Default Fuel Injection

Hello All,
I am new to the buggy world and I can't wait for the weather to get better around here. Has anyone developed Electronic fuel injection for the 150cc engines? I own a Trailmaster 150cc XRX am going to update the rollers and spring but was wondering about EFI.
Thank you
Old 02-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Contributor

There is one on the market and at least 2 I know of being developed. The one on market is hit and miss if you get one that works. Their support is also wishy washy.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:14 PM
Contributor

http://www.ecotrons.com/products/sma...injection_kit/

Can also get them from allibaba.com.....idk if i spelled that right or not
HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )
Old 02-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Lurker

Thanks guys for the reply I may try it out down the road
Old 02-14-2018, 05:11 PM
Heavy Contributor

Some of the scooters already use EFI. It might be cheaper to find a wrecked one and move parts over.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Supporting Vendor

I'm old school on these things simply due to the fact that there are no top rated EFI for these buggies. I can deal with carb issues on the trail but if the EFI has a problem your down. Quality parts are a must but for these buggies it is not there.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:02 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
I'm old school on these things simply due to the fact that there are no top rated EFI for these buggies. I can deal with carb issues on the trail but if the EFI has a problem your down. Quality parts are a must but for these buggies it is not there.
I have to agree. I learned to work on cars when carbs were king. Watched efi take over and actually took the time to learn them. I was one of the first on our local drag track that was tuning and racing efi systems. After all that I've seen the problems bad efi can cause but still a big supporter of everything going in that direction but only when its a quality swap.

You can take a universal kit and make it work but it's gonna take time and money to make the kit fit the project. The quality of parts is not there yet for these smaller systems. I've seen an ectotron kit and programming. Frankly I wouldn't give them $100 for it much less the IMHO outrageous price they are charging. If you search around the scooter forums for every one guy that gets it running there are 5 going back to a carb. Poorly machined parts, bad re-purposed parts, poor programming, and bad customer support keeps me from even buying a cheap used kit to try.

The only thing universal parts fit well is the box it came in.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Lurker

Hi Guys
Thanks again for the information. I am new to the buggy world but not new to the car/tinkering world at 58 years old. I love the challenge of working on these things. I thought of buying a used one but there were so many issues I went new and decided to add the parts along the way and will contact SYCPOWERSPORTS for parts and support. Once again thanks all