BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Contributor

Default HammerHead dealer close's shop

The local HammerHead dealer closed it's off road shop and moved all inventory to the auto dealership that owned it.They used to be a Manco Power Sports dealer and sold from the auto dealership and then opened the off road shop about 7 yrs ago.I'm not a buggy dealer but it seems like when they went to HammerHead they had quite a few motorcycles and scooters that can be slow sellers and take up alot of space.....the question does the factory make them take the motorcycles and scooters as well as the buggys? mancoman
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Contributor

hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

No you just have to purchase so many units per year to have protected territory. The economy probably just got him. This is why I do not sell the Hammerhead since I would have to tie up my very limited funds to stock 5 units, or 10 units if I wanted free shipping to compete.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Contributor

SYCARMS auto sales and other stuff are down around here so you are right the closing is from a slag economy,they were probably paying $900 to $1200 a month rent on the building eating into any profits from a buggy motorcycle or scooter sale.If they own the building there is no rent or for sale sign just a building with 2 large plate glass windows that look like 2 giant mirrors on a bright sunny day cause the lights are no longer on-just dark and empty now........also heard on abc 10pm news just a little while ago airline company is laying off over 100,000 emplyees nation wide due to them losing business and going in a hole on profits for the quarter. mancoman
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Well when you get to the large corporations especially the airlines they are a bunch of lying cheats. You see we have to work in order to eat and live so when our pay is cut we either accept it or go hungry. The major shareholders at any big corporation will not take a cut even when times are bad. Here is a prime example. I worked for an airline where the CEO besides his perks like vehicle, house ect and golden parachute worth millions as well as his stock options made a salary of 3.5 million. I as a mechanic made just under $30.00 per hour. We were union but lets not go there because another airline who paid their employees more was non union and followed the same steps as the airline I worked for. Their CEO made a base salary of 5.2 million. Now let me be clear that I'm not just pulling numbers out of my head, for what I tell you was verified thru the securities exchange commission. Our airline filed for chapter 11 because the union and our high wages were breaking them, now keep in mind the other larger airline was non union. In chapter 11 I lost my job. My preferred stock which was to take precident over any other debt. 385 shares worth $79.66 the courts allowed them to convert them to common stock worth $3.66 but they had to double the amount of shares we held. They come out chapter 11 still with a union but an aircraft mechanic went from 34.75 down to 18.00 per hour. $400.00 per month for family ins. coverage, purchase and clean their own uniforms, max at 3 weeks vacation, no paid sick leave ect. They also merged with the other non union airline where their people got the same raw deal. Now here is the kicker. For 3 years they will operate as seperate airlines to give them a chance to merge all their operations. The CEO of my former airline now makes a base salary of $13.5 million and the CEO of the other airline makes a base salary $17.8 million. Now they claim to still be loosing money and are laying off workers and wanting to cut the pay even more with les bennifits. But these CEO's will not loose a dime nor will the major investors. The planes are packed anywhere you go. The little business and the workers are the ones suffering but not the major corporations. So don't be fooled because in any down economy the multinational corporations reap great rewards reguardless of how many times they file chapter 11 or even chapter 7. It really is time for change but not Obama's change, if only people would turn off the TV's and pay attention, because our country is being looted right before our eye's and not many seem to care. We need to clean out all houses this fall dems and reps for their isn't a dime of difference between the two.

Sorry for going on and on but I grew up in a different country then I currently live in now and I hate to even think of what my kid or grand kids will have in their lifetime. Slavery will be back if we do nothing.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Again well said Tom- I also grew up in a different time/economy, the principles and morals of our current generation is evil--All Takers, no givers, it's all about ME & what you owe ME!!!!
I do remember when you worked hard you were rewarded with more than a wore out body!!
How is that being a lobbyist would be a career that pays more than a most doctor's?!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Contributor

First of all I just turned 53yrs old and yes it is different world than when I was younger as we have a president that wants to tax the ell out of people that have made something out of themselves and are considered wealthy and provide jobs for other people Obama's punish the rich!when he is the biggest paper hanger that ever walked!......so that leaves Romney in the GOP party a born rich and never had to hurt for anything in his life to replace Obama.I've known some rough times in my life and still today as a family of 5 we live from day to day not knowing what the future holds.Would he be able to relate to the average Joe or Jane???I feel like darned if you do darned if you don't. mancoman
Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

"Would he be able to relate to the average Joe or Jane????
The clear answer is "NO"
By the way-Congrat's on rolling over another year old man
Old 04-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Lurker

I'm so tried of the ME ME ME attitude that has run rampant on our great country. What happened to the America I was promised as a kid, where if you work hard, do the right thing, help your friends & neighbors when you can, you would get ahead? Unfortunately the ME's took it from us, the WE'd need to take it back!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Well when you get to the large corporations especially the airlines they are a bunch of lying cheats. You see we have to work in order to eat and live so when our pay is cut we either accept it or go hungry. The major shareholders at any big corporation will not take a cut even when times are bad. Here is a prime example. I worked for an airline where the CEO besides his perks like vehicle, house ect and golden parachute worth millions as well as his stock options made a salary of 3.5 million. I as a mechanic made just under $30.00 per hour. We were union but lets not go there because another airline who paid their employees more was non union and followed the same steps as the airline I worked for. Their CEO made a base salary of 5.2 million. Now let me be clear that I'm not just pulling numbers out of my head, for what I tell you was verified thru the securities exchange commission. Our airline filed for chapter 11 because the union and our high wages were breaking them, now keep in mind the other larger airline was non union. In chapter 11 I lost my job. My preferred stock which was to take precident over any other debt. 385 shares worth $79.66 the courts allowed them to convert them to common stock worth $3.66 but they had to double the amount of shares we held. They come out chapter 11 still with a union but an aircraft mechanic went from 34.75 down to 18.00 per hour. $400.00 per month for family ins. coverage, purchase and clean their own uniforms, max at 3 weeks vacation, no paid sick leave ect. They also merged with the other non union airline where their people got the same raw deal. Now here is the kicker. For 3 years they will operate as seperate airlines to give them a chance to merge all their operations. The CEO of my former airline now makes a base salary of $13.5 million and the CEO of the other airline makes a base salary $17.8 million. Now they claim to still be loosing money and are laying off workers and wanting to cut the pay even more with les bennifits. But these CEO's will not loose a dime nor will the major investors. The planes are packed anywhere you go. The little business and the workers are the ones suffering but not the major corporations. So don't be fooled because in any down economy the multinational corporations reap great rewards reguardless of how many times they file chapter 11 or even chapter 7. It really is time for change but not Obama's change, if only people would turn off the TV's and pay attention, because our country is being looted right before our eye's and not many seem to care. We need to clean out all houses this fall dems and reps for their isn't a dime of difference between the two.

Sorry for going on and on but I grew up in a different country then I currently live in now and I hate to even think of what my kid or grand kids will have in their lifetime. Slavery will be back if we do nothing.
I understand ,since the economy has taken a dump the money has gone to the people who need it the least. Hell since 2008 the people in CONgress wealth has INCREASED 25%!! Where I work They just announced they want to open our contract and start cutting! We are union so they are acting like they are trying to bargin with us. They never bargin, they impass and implement and force the union to fight it in court. Of course we don't have the funds the company does to fight this in court.
You mentioned Slavery will be back ,it already is here! We are all wage slaves and the wages we are working for pay for less everyday! I might be a little wacky but I think all of this is planned out. They seem to be creating some kind of class hate/warfare. Sort of like what happened in Russia in 1917!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy76 View Post
I'm so tried of the ME ME ME attitude that has run rampant on our great country. What happened to the America I was promised as a kid, where if you work hard, do the right thing, help your friends & neighbors when you can, you would get ahead? Unfortunately the ME's took it from us, the WE'd need to take it back!
I whole heartly agree!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Contributor

Just think we could get 4 more years of this guy again!He killed Bin Laden this stuff was in the planning years before he got into the white house,he's just a go along with it president and has done nothing and has no plan to help lower high gas prices with talk of windmills solar power let's all go green. mancoman
Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
"Would he be able to relate to the average Joe or Jane????
The clear answer is "NO"
By the way-Congrat's on rolling over another year old man
Thanks, funny how years ago B-Days were taken for granted they were for getting material stuff. Today I look at my B-Day as another milestone and the best gift. Of coarse I'll still accept the material gifts.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Supporting Vendor

zzbudzz you are far from wackey for what you said is correct beyond any doubt.These people who make up our government are not stupid just greedy whores. Anyone who reads will be well informed as compared to those who rely on the media. I have seen things which years ago were considered wackey and conspiracy theories that hold true today. Anyone who reads and understands History and this includes the Bible (oldest history book) will know what is happening and can forsee whats in store. The Romans used the Colliseum to rid peoples minds of the turbulent times and high taxes. Today we still have the Colliseums with NFL,NBA,NHL,NL,AL,and Nascar. All the same just different flavor. We the people hold the only key to our own destiny. The Founders had seen to it. Its all up to us right now to rise and speak out, educate others and also get them involved, for if we don't and this country goes the way of the rest then there will be no hope until our Lord returns to restore the order. There is nowhere on this planet to run and escape, this Country is it. If we let go of it were all screwed. History like a recording continually repeats itseld, just each time its repeated in a different format.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Contributor

A medical supply store has now opened in the old Hammerhead shop and as you drive by you can see wheel chairs oxagen tanks walkers and power wheel chairs or better known as the Hovaround the ones advertised on tv but the Power Sports sign is still there! Wonder what grandma thinks when you drive her out there and she sees that sign? mancoman