BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:19 PM
Heavy Contributor

Default Lets try this again

OK, replaced variator fan, loc-tite on the nut (I won't be forgetting that again), and motor back in the chassis. Went over the motor due to the fact I tend to leave bits undone, then forget about them. Temp has dropped over 40 degrees since the last time I jetted, but should run well enough to be in the ballpark. Some concern about the banjo bolts on the oil cooler ports on the block. Feels to me (I'm not a pro at this) like only the last couple of threads are REALLY holding those bolts in. Probably have them re-tapped to accept a AN fitting or some other method of connecting to the ports. I'll rip around a bit tomorrow and see how she does.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Lurker

How did you make out?
I’m in Ma also temp dropping fast
Thanks
Old 11-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Heavy Contributor

Something immediately went *SPROING!* under the CVT cover. I rolled it right into the shed and am currently considering cutting it up into little pieces and dropping it in the dumpster at work. I'm tired, don't have time to mess with it, and it will never put out the amount of power I want. You can have it and the 90cc Kandi I bought my kid. It's got 6 miles on it, but he'd rather play Fortnite. I'm going to save my pennies and get something with at least a 800/1100cc motor.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Heavy Contributor

I'm in a buggy funk..

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-16-2018, 06:43 AM
Heavy Contributor

I think we've all been where you are. Even the more expensive Japanese buggies have their issues, and the serious buggies with busa motors and fox suspension are insanely expensive.
We have to either spend like crazy or repair often..lol
Old 11-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Heavy Contributor

yeah..I just want something that comes stock with plenty of HP. I'm pressed for time, so I end end half-assing it because I'm rushing to get crap done and I just want to RIDE.. I need to take a deep breath...deep breath...

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

Sounds like that little Irish pr!c# is on your shoulder putting you under Murphies Law. Stick with it I think once it is tuned in and the gremlins extracted you will be impressed.