BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Hey

Im new to this forum min buggys. I have recently bought a baja dune 150. the other day i had quite a bit of trouble starting it but it eventually did but when I tried to start it the next day it will not. I think i am getting fuel because it starts to smell like gas. I also checked the air filter and it was fine. Can you guys help i also have another thread about some reverse problem please help me.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome- When it started the first time did you have to pump the gas alot? Verify you're getting a good blue spark by pulling the plag and grounding it to the engine while cranking it over- If this is good- remove the FEV (fuel enrichment valve) on the carb (the component that has wires going to it! should be 2 phillips screws.Note the length of the brass looking valve,power it up for about 3 mins. Check and see if the valve extends about a 1/4".
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Lite Contributor

The first time it started we didnt have to pump the gas. It took a while to start thow. We had to keep cranking the starter for a while before it fired. The guy i bought it from said he had it siting for a year so tomaro il clean the carb and put fresh oil and check the plug.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Lite Contributor

I wanted to check the plug but i could not get the rubber boot off. I was practicably dragging the buggy by the boot and it still wouldn't come off