BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Hello and Please to meet you...

Hey Everyone !!

Just signed up a couple of nights ago. 1st post here. I, am Ray K. or you can call me by username.

I have always wanted to build a go cart or mini buggy of sorts. A couple of months ago I decided to give it a shot and have access to a bunch of parts now from my father in laws graveyard of riding mower collection he used for garden tractor pulls. Its a start I guess. A few weeks ago we were lucky that one of his neighbor gave of a go cart which I guess would be considered close to a Yerf Dog, all I know its a store bought with a 5hp Briggs engine. We have slightly modified it as needed.

Last weekend his other neighbor gave us a full sand rail. YEP gave it to us. We figured it have some work needed and had been sitting for almost 2-3 year. We we cart it started and fixed the brakes that after noon, runs like champ. Basic VW engine it looks like. But before that I wanted to make a slightly more adult mini buggy and came across the nitrostreet Blue go cart/buggy....so that has got me hopped up to attempted that. (pic attached). I hope to be picking some brains on some posts to get some ideas and notes going. Thanks for having this forum available. Ray K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue3pic.jpg (90.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome-that's a sweet looking buggy in the pic!! Is that the one with a 600cc engine?, you want to build one similar to it?It appears to be a great design-less a rack & pinion.
Nice score on the dune buggy & go kart!!!!! Keep us up to date with your project and post lot's of pic's as you go.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Lite Contributor

ThX ! i found the pic and the webpage for it by searching for ideas on go cart suspensions and searched the images available. yeah, its built with a KZ650 motor. he states he get 92-110mph with depending which sprocket size he uses.

will def. post pics as i go n get started. i felt it was the best design that suited my image in my head i was trying get out. seems compact but also wide stance for some stability.

ThX for your response.

GDA

Added Edit 5-17-12 8:25p Here is the original webpage for it http://www.nitrostreet.com/gocart.html

Last edited by GDAccent; 05-17-2012 at 10:25 PM.