BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Lurker

Default New to the buggy world

I'm new to small buggies. Jeeps are my thing. My 10 and 8 yr olds boys wanted something to ride when we are offroad. I got them a yerf dog 3203 really cheap from a friend. I know its not the best buggy but it will do for now. Being into jeeps, of course I want to upgrade it. Would like bigger tires, lifted suspension, etc. I rebuilt the carb on the 6.5 tecumseh motor. Runs better now. The swing arm is bent and the chain hits the torque converter. Should I get new swing arm or can I put a stronger one from something else. Also, how about the front off a spiderbox? Look forward to learning everything about upgrading my yerf.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Power User

Welcome; us 3203 owners will soon need to pester the mods for a separate forum for these poor little things.

From what i've seen, most of the swing arms, with the exception of the 3203s pivot points, are very similar; a simple platform made of tubing. If you've got a welder and the tools, you can build something better for it pretty cheaply. i've braced mine in a couple areas where tubes were bent and welds were cracking and made a much stronger pivot setup and only had to buy some bronze bearings for that end. As far as the front goes, you can DIY it or pick up a spiderbox front end, but that will still need some additional strengthening work done to it. Pretty much a decision as to how much time and money you want to spend on it. Lots of 3203 upgrade threads in the mini buggy and go kart forms for ideas.