BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Lurker

Default New guy,old problem :)

Have a 2009 Baja reaction 150. Didn't have spark when I got it. I've obtained several wiring diagrams online but unfortunately none matched. The wires had been hacked by the previous owner while trying to get it running again. Fortunately I'm mechanically inclined and figured out where each wire goes and am now trying to narrow down what was damaged before I bought it. CDI unit is new and now produces a weak white spark. Stator power wire only putting out 16Vac.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome- Don't have the values for your particular engine but 16v is good. Have you verified a good ground? changed out the plug? coil? Sorry if these are obvious!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Lurker

Have tried other plugs, same result. A new coil is next on my list. Yes I made sure all connections were clean and solid and all grounds were good. I have downloaded an owners manual from Baja but the diagram must have been for a newer model.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Contributor

Call tech suport at baja if you have numbers on the frame and they can email you the manual for yours atleast it worked for me on a 250. The only thing was parts I had to go to mastertechsports.com . Hope this helps sorry if you have as much trouble getting thru as I did but tech suport is the best help and most helpful ones there