BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Lurker

Question Newbie

Another newbie from Texas
the name is GotYerf? I'm looking for a way to make this buggy turn more like a car than a shovel.....Any clues where to start would be welcomed.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Power User

welcome ... what model did you pick up? best place to start is by doing a couple thread searches and a lot of reading here. lots of yerf owners, mostly the same mods getting done for the same reasons. Plenty of pics and info.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome
Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Lurker

Thanks guys,
I've been looking at y'alls blog for about a week now and see lots of ideas.
I've just been trying to sort out which way works best so I don't have to do this more than once!
I bought this Yerf from someone that just kind of "made" it run long enough to sell it.
So far I've had to replace the starter clutch and the right side cover along with all the gaskets. He had painted the Yerf flat black and didn't bother covering any of the manufacturing tags so I'm not sure how to tell which model it is, although I've found a few clues just by reading your blog.
The control arms are not equal length is the first clue that it's a gen 1or 2 it's got a 150cc Howitz (i believe) anyway.
It had 1 ball joint that was blown out so, I ordered the "life Time" replacements from BD and also ordered a few other things BEFORE I found your blog.
NOW, I've got some useless parts laying around because after reading here I find I did it ALL wrong.
This is my first EVER participation in/on a blog and I'm not sure how to upload pictures yet but I'll try to figure it out a post a couple a little later.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Power User

use "3206" or "spiderbox" in your search terms and you'll find probably everything you need to know and then some ... as far as pics go, pretty simple. use the "Go Advanced" button and that will open up a bigger window with a "manage attachments" box below the area you type in. click that, and you can select pictures on your computer to upload. you may have to resize them to allow uploading, the various sizes allowed are listed by file type.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Lurker

thank you much