BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Just another new yerfer.

Hello, my name is woody and I am a buggy-aholic.

Last year I bought a yerf dog 3202 for the kids. It had an old briggs on it, no seat-belts but in decent shape other wise. My daughter rode it to death for a couple of days then the carb vibrated loose and it quit running correctly. It sat all winter, spring and most of the summer. I got it going again to run into more carb trouble in about a week.

I installed new seat belts. I also bought a new predator 212cc engine for it. I tried to get it all mounted and going as soon as I got home with it as my daughter was begging to ride more. I had trouble with the torque-a-verter lining up to the stock jackshaft....

I took it to work. I work for a company that makes aftermarket rearends for street/strip cars. We have really good welders/fabricators among guys that do a lot of wrenching.

At work they decided to put some shocks off of a 4 wheeler on this kart. It has worked out pretty well but the backs are waaaaay to stiff. The predator is on and mated to a brand new torque-a-verter with the cast aluminum jack shaft mount that mounts it to the engine.

Anyway, my daughter is loving this kart. But, while we were doing all of this stuff I got to thinking that I wanted a kart kind of for myself. This way my wife, my son and daughter could do some light trail riding close to the house. I could also use it for a little hunting buggy.

I ended up buying a 3206. It is in "ok" condition. It has the equal length a-arms and as best as I can tell the 3rd gen spindles. A Uni filter setup that is ate up from being squirted with starting fluid.

When I bought it last week it ran well. However it did not start without starting fluid and would not idle. I rode it a little last friday and must have sucked up some dirt because it ended up developing a serious bog when you nail the throttle.

I just got done rebuilding the carb but have not mounted it yet. I am starting to get concerned that I won't get all of the hoses hooked up correctly as I am sort of unsure that they were all hooked up correctly when I got it.

I have found ********. I can drive there in about 30 minutes. So far everything I have bought for these karts has come from there.

That's my story... Hello, my name is woody and I AM a buggy-aholic and I have only just begun.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 PM

Default baby steps

welcome woody n remember we all started one step at a time u came to the right place! bear keepem rollin
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Lite Contributor

bear, I actually bought the 3206 from your area. The guy was from hillsboro and we met at the dayton mall, which was about 1/2 way for both of us.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Contributor

Welcome and good luck with getting the yerf dog setup the way you like.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Lite Contributor

Welcome aboard Woody. awesome to see yah on board i have a yerf 3206 myself
which i got last year.. its so great and so much fun..welcome welcome welcome
Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome to forum, Another GX-150er here... it's a good buggy, but needs a lot of TLC to get it the way it should be for hard riding.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.