BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 09-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Lurker

Default New to BM and karts

Hello everyone. I thought I would jump on since I am taking the dive into karts... in a biggish way. This all started out when my son started to get cramped in his custom power wheels. I decided a kart would be good, but he is only 5, just tall for his age. So I combed craigs list for a 2 seat kart. Well after traveling all over Michigan I found what I am buying. I started off just getting a Manco XTK 706b-2... but I had looked at a Yerf 3203, but it needed way more work than the sellers had thought (I am good with mechanics you could say) and offered half their asking price. So as I was planning my 2.5 hour one way drive to get the Manco, I get a call saying I can have the 3203 for my offer! So tomorrow I am putting in a 500 mile round trip drive to pick up my karts. I will fix them up and keep one for my son and I to drive around and sell the other. Just need to figure out which is best. I am also going to do some driven swapping to see how it effects the gearing and speed (research on my part shows manco uses a 6" and the yerf a 7"). I want to slow which ever I keep down and have more low end. dont need a speed demon, just something fun we can do together.

Chris
Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 AM

Default I feel ya!

First welcome to the addiction! this is the place to get the info and help you need for sure. Chris it took me 9 months and an 8 hour round trip to get the buggy's i wanted but once you have em its all worth it! keepem rollin bear
Old 09-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Power User

Welcome aboard. The 3203 is a good starter kart and it's pretty easy to "slow down" by adjusting the throttle cable/linkage at the engine. Plenty of info here on what to look out for as far as wear and repairs go. If he can't reach the pedals, lmk, i have a pedal setup I made for mine to allow my daughter to drive it. real easy to install and it's yours for the shipping if you need it. Have fun!