BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything Goes!

Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Lurker

Location: Born and raised in Maine, living in the mountains of North Carolina
Default Hit and run

Funny thing happened yesterday.. A guy came to look at my Samurai for purchase. He and his son took it around the block, less than half a mile total, I get a phone call after about 15 minutes. A lady hit a car in the Courthouse parking lot, then when somebody tried to confront her, at this point she's out of the lot and at a stop sign, she puts her truck in reverse and slams my samurai. Destroyed the front bumper, rf fender, hood, luckily just missed the radiator. Then she speeds off. The guy and his son are ok, thank the Lord!!! So we drive the Sami back to where I work and say our goodbyes. I guess the damage was more work than he planned to undertake. I called the next guy on my list to come see it and explain what happened. He said he'd come take a look. An hour later we made a deal. Swapped the Sammi even for a 2003 Kawasaki Bayou 250 for my wife's b-day. It's hardly broken in...still has the little nubbies on the tires. The guy said he didn't care about the damage, he's gonna strip the fenders off anyway so he can fit huge tires and axles under it. The hit and run lady, as of now, is still at large...though there were 9 witnesses and 8 got the tag #. Fortuneately I work at the City Motorpool and I am good friends with a lot of the cops...I was assured this matter will be dealt with swiftly.. Hey..maybe I'll get a little cash to boot But i won't hold my breath!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Unreal. They'll probably not give you anything since you don't even own the sami anymore.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 AM
Lurker

Location: Born and raised in Maine, living in the mountains of North Carolina

Yeah, you're right..nothing. Apparently the girl driving had no operators license, was 15 years old and did not have permission to drive the vehicle. When I asked about her consequences I was told juvenile services is handling it since she's a minor. I'm thankful nobody got hurt and that I was still able to get rid of the Sammi. Though a little justice would be nice!!