BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything Goes!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Contributor

Default RE-sellers, profit makers..AARRRGGGHHH!

Sometimes I just gotta vent...RANT might be a better word. But I thought the purpose of most Buggy boards, and this one included was for the expansion of our hobby/sport.
That's why we go out of our way to help each other, and in some cases, almost hand feed answers to those having trouble understanding the principles of what they are working on....
Then, and I always hope it happens EARLY in the time expended with another buggy nut, he lets it slip....he says, "how much do you think I can get out of this, I'm only fixing it to sell...." or something along that nature.

He's only looking for a PROFIT! They'll bum as much info as they can, take any freebies they can get...only to make a profit,, and NEVER intending to become a useful member of the society, by helping others! It PISSES ME OFF!

I got caught one time, helped a guy out(not here) with MULTIPLE posts, then rebuilt his cylinder head, put new valves and springs in it, with a port, polish and manifold match, and wasn't even paid return shipping....only to find out he was selling the kart to make a profit! Never intended to keep the kart, just wanted as much info and freebies as he could muster, so his profit would be higher, always a sob story, and he took more than just me...but it ain't right.

There is no way to know, no way to screen them out, but whenever one tips his hand, and even mentions selling...I'm done with them. They may as well find another site as far as I'm concerned, because I ain't gonna share a darn thing with someone that is only here to USE us all, then forget us, when his sale is over.

One showed his hand, just this morning...I'm done with him, and I hope he loses his butt, when he goes to sell. I can't stand people that do that.
maybe I'm a little too harsh, or strict, in my beleifs about us all helping one another, to better our hobby, not necessarily our bank account, but that's just the way I am.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 AM
Contributor

I feel you bro. I've invited a few dudes to the house to tear down and rebuild the engine at no charge. Then never hear from them again.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Contributor

It really tends to give a person a bad feeling, and I try NOT to let it get in the way of helping others. The folks with low post counts, are the ones I stay most aware of...sad but true.
There are times when a guy has been around a while, paid his dues, so to speak, and honestly "needs" to sell, for health reasons, or what ever, and needs help getting the buggy up to par for a good sale. These peeps, I don't mind helping out. Have even seen a couple re=enter the hobby, when things got better for them, so it was time well spent with them. But the newbs, just looking for a mental hand out, to make a profit, I have no use for, and whenever I identify them, at least to myself, then I'm done with them. Some could argue that they'll be back, but if they come back, what is their motive, to make more money? I'm not interested.
I'll help the newbs as much as anyone here will, untill they mention selling. And I'll help the veterans here, even when they mention selling. It is a fine line between the two cases, and I don't advise anyone to follow my beleifs....thats just how things have developped for me, and how I handle them. Better to drop the users like a hot 'tater, that get all caught up in a name calling contest, or some such childish endeavor that makes everyone look foolish, and risks memebership, etc.... I just drop 'em.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Lite Contributor

I guess the silver lining to it is you have helped make the buggy a better product and hopefully the next person buying it becomes involved and keeps it!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Power User

there was a similar discussion on news not long back regarding jsut general question-asking for help then vanishing. it's the way of online forums for many. I see it all the time on the pontiac forums i'm a member of. I figure if you help someone no matter what their reasons be, you doing something good. if they "pay it back" to the community, all the better, if not, oh well ... on one of the golf cart forums, i'm a moderately low post count member, been on the site for 5 years or so. My lack of expertise with GC electrical systems has left me an asker and not much of a helper there. What i have learned that could be of use for new members with questions, i still let the respective site "experts" tackle rather than step on toes.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Lite Contributor

I am not very mechanically inclined so to offset me asking those types of questions I try to help by researching things. Like links to parts since I'm pretty decent at finding things.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Contributor

Yea aint much you can do about it.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Contributor

Do what you can do the good will be returned in time.The bad is on someone other than you.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 PM

Kliff, I can understand your feelings.

I sent a guy a free muffler once and he didn't even pay me the shipping cost. Never heard from him again either..... Ahole!!!!!

Then there was a guy that bought a race jet ski at a great price. Didn't do anything with it, so he sold it to another member for what he bought it for.

THAT guy didn't want to sink the $$ into it to fix it, so he parts it out....

And here's the kicker!!!!!!

He posts it on Craigslsist with "Parting out ski, and I know what these go for, so don't try and low ball me on price"

The F'in clown bought the ski for $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a douche.........

Yeah, i know the type your raving about. And i'm not a fan either.....
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Contributor

I have not answered many questions and I have asked a lot, especially of MetalStudMan. I am thankful for the answers and help I have received on this site. I believe the care package I sent him was worth the cost of shipping. I have been a horse trader and I got into the buggies because I love the thrill they provide, for a cost I can afford. I paid more than they were worth and sold them at a loss. I have been looking for a replacement HH250SS since mine left! This time I’m going to put the best shocks on it I can find.

Happy trails folks! Thanks to all, you make this site my first stop in the morning and the last stop at night.

Now for the buttheads, mooches, and duchebags out there. Go away and stay away.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Contributor

On the flip side to this Kliff, theres another type that bothers me more. The folks who speak on subjects they dont understand. If you have to have a manual to build an engine, you should'nt tell folks how to build an engine. If you dont understand bumpsteer or tire scrub, maybe dont offer suspension advice. If you dont know what A.B,C,D pillars are, maybe you dont tell folks how to build a cage.

Now theres nothing wrong with offering advice and it being wrong. But dont argue your ignorance
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Contributor

I have been building race cars and selling their parts for over 30 years. I have had my share of users. I just make a mental note not to deal with that person again.
I unfortunately like to help people out. I offer my tools and experience to anyone that needs it. Not looking for anything in return. It makes me feel good.

I came to this forum because my oldest son and I wanted to scratchbuild a buggy. We learned a lot and hopefully passed on some info we learned along the way. With the divorce looming over my head things have slowed to a crawl. But, I will get it done.

Then all your problems look like nails.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Contributor

Well hope the divorse never comes.It is something that hurts everyone.God bless and may he turn it around.Just remember when life knocks you down you are in the best position to pray.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Contributor

Too late, i'm in the middle of it as we speak. Its already cost me $10000 and probably another $10000 before its done.
My two boys keep my spirits up and of course my faith in the almighty.

Then all your problems look like nails.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Contributor

Don't give up he can turn it around .It is never to late.Keep the faith always.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Lite Contributor

I remember that kid Kliff. The whole deal with the shipping. I don't blame you for being burned out on helping people. I like to help people, but I might think twice if I knew they were using me too.
'08 Crossfire 150R - It lives at last!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300cpilot View Post
I have not answered many questions and I have asked a lot, especially of MetalStudMan. I am thankful for the answers and help I have received on this site. I believe the care package I sent him was worth the cost of shipping.
Your care package was WELL appreciated too!!! and it was a huge gesture on your part to let me have it for just the shipping cost. I "will" find a use for those parts. I haven't had the funding to do much lately as finding a decent job in my area is still just out of reach as I won't work for just anybody-
Most of us belong to the group of people that are "GIVERS" - the other group being discussed is most likely the "TAKERS".
I as many of you want to help those who are willing to help themselves or don't currently have the skills to do it but willing to learn.I try to help when I can, but I'm far from an expert. I learned long ago that my generosity will seldom be returned and to not expect it. We've kind-of brought this on ourselves by giving our youth a much more comfortable lifestyle than we had and not letting them suffer enough to get off there butt's to figure it out for themselves like we did.
I'm re-living a childhood I didn't have through my children now, I'm hoping they're paying attention so they may pass on a "thing-or-two" to their children.
With a faceless world (the internet) it's hard see "character" in an individual anymore so we help out of common interest. I'm sure if there was a way to screen the "TAKERS" out of a forum they'd lie their way into the site anyways!!!
Don't lose your "GIVER" attitude for the sake of a few "TAKERS".

I'm very thankful for this forum and the kindness it shares daily- you all make me proud to be a member and part of a passionate crowd of buggy/go kart enthusiasts.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Contributor

I know you and severral others are right Metal, and I'll continue to try and be helpful, when and where I can. BUT, when a perp makes the mistake of identifying himself as a re-seller, and basicly using this site to increase his profit potential.... then I'm done with that individual. I did NOT mean to sound as though I won't help newbs, 'cause I will. It's just those few and far between individuals that reveal themselves as users, and only users, that I won't help.

If some of the rest of y'all choose to help, such self identified individuals, then that is cool too. Let your heart be your guide.

I'll bet we, as a community will help hundreds over the span of a year, that we'll never hear from again, but out of those hundreds, I doubt even 1% are what I'd call profteers, and out of those profiteers, probably less that 1% are dumb enough to identify themselves....so all things considerred, my rant will probably only affect 1 person per year....at most...LOL

In other words, I probably made a mountain out of a mole hill...but that last one just got under my skin, and I had to vent....LOL I think he knows who he is, and what my position is. But since I'm not the only source of info out here in web land, I'm sure he'll find out what he needs, it'll just be without my assistance.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM

Default rantings ok

Kliff as a total"newby" to this forum and to buggying I thank god for u guys who are wiling to help us "in the dark" about what has quickly become a great bonding tool for me and my daughter! keep giving of ur self and ur just storing treasures in heaven brother!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Kliff as a total"newby" to this forum and to buggying I thank god for u guys who are wiling to help us "in the dark" about what has quickly become a great bonding tool for me and my daughter! keep giving of ur self and ur just storing treasures in heaven brother!
Guys with kids, I believ, in my own heart, are the first ones I try to help. Cause there's nothing like the smile a buggy/kart can generate on a kids face. And even though I can't see it, I know it will be there when Dad gets their buggy going. That and I can just about guarantee they will be a long time member. Besides, when Dad talks about selling then, its most likely to up-grade..they ain't going any where, they are HOOKED>
I hope you and your Daughter enjoy many years in this hobby, and hope one day to be able to share what little knowledge I have to help you get further down the trail.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Contributor

Agreed.......... I think all open, unused land should be open for kids and parents to ride, hike, bike, or what ever. If more kids had an off road activity less houses would get broke into and more young adults would be in a position to handle many task they now pay others for
Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

I know exactly where your comming from, some people will just take advantage throughout their whole lives and some will show their true colors when the kitchen gets hot. I think Chuck O will back me up on this. For 3 years I would send out parts without upfront payment and was never cheated but once and that was by someone I had many dealings with ( Kitchen got hot) then I got a few lowlives who did not pay at all, so I now only take paypal. The same with advise, I'll some days spend hours helping someone only to find out he bought his parts from someone else to save 30.00. I swear at times I'm going to change the way I give advise since when your self employed time is money, but after I cool down I realise that 90% of my customers were obtained through trust. Life is not fair and is made up with both good people as well as the leaches. The good people is what keeps me on track, but I must say I've gotton much better with remembering who the leaches are and they usually don't get me a second time. We will all be judged in the end so to hang on to honest principles will be the end payoff and as far as the leaches go they will pay in the end. You are correct with the kids, there is no better feeling to know the happiness you brought them by helping dad or mom get their buggies running, even though you can't see their faces if you have kids of your own you can close your eye's and see their smiling faces. That is something money just can't buy.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Lurker

That's people.. some good, some bad, some just awful.