BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Buggy Pictures and Vids

Buggy Pictures and Vids Post your buggy pictures and videos here! Keep it family friendly!

Old 01-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Heavy Contributor

Default Coolster 250 picture

Can anyone see this picture? Photobucket decided to changed the settings on my account and I don't know if I can still post pics.

Man I wish mine looked this good..lol
Old 01-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

3 of you looked at the picture and didn't post? Was there a picture of a buggy or no?
Old 01-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Heavy Contributor

9 views and no one posts...lol If I had a carburetor question I would have 9 replies already..lol
Old 01-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

Got the same buggy. I have a Polaris 500 HO for which the engine will be pulled rebuilt and installed into my Joyner 250. I'm going to take the front strut system off the 500 and install on the coolster then raise the cage so that I can run a normal seat and have the head room. Also I have to do something with the brake pedal since it is a poor design which affects the braking.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Heavy Contributor

No leverage on the peddle gotta push like a mutha..lol I don't even have a seat with padding on mine, and yes it needs front shocks at the very least.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

I welded extensions on to my pedals to give it a bit more leverage. Eventually I will convert the pedals to a blade or hammerhead design where the pedals are pivoting off the floor. The front shocks won't make hardly a difference since the front end sucks to begin with. The rear shocks if the right combination is found will help keep the buggy on the ground to control. When I got mine the previous owner had installed a Kirky aluminum seat, I also got the stock seat which I immediately put back in only to find it raised me up to when I hit a bump my helmet hit the roll bar. I had to put the aluminum seat back in and under the cover I had put 2 layers of padding I used from a camping mat. I do not use it for trail ridding due to the log truck without suspension ride unless trail is fairly tame, but I mostly used it to dirt drag.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Heavy Contributor

I think I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a 150 2 seater. Switch motors and sell the 1 seater with the 150 motor in it.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

It won't be an easy swap. Challenger is a one of a kind buggy where the same carrier is used for 150 and 250. All other buggies are not made the same. Weather HH, Kinroad, Carter or any of the many others use a different carrier in the 150 than in the 250. The 250 carrier is beefier and of a slightly different design than the 150 carrier. True there are guy's on both forum's who have dropped 250's into 150 carriers. But due to the weight difference and torque in short time something is going to break on that carrier. Just research the Carter, HH, or Kinroad who all had both 150 and 250. You will find all 3 used different carriers for the 150 and 250 engines. If you want a 250 2 seater just look for one it will be cheaper in both time and money as compared to building a new carrier and beefing up mounting to the main chassis. The only reason I still have my challenger is I can fix its deficiencies.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Heavy Contributor

People around here think 250 2 seaters are worth $2000...lol

I can swap the whole rear carrier from one to the other. I have a pipe bender, drill press ,lathe, horizontal band saw,and a welder to help me get it done.