Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 110

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 115

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 125

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 135

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 140

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 145
installing a CDI on a coolster 150cc buggy - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Lite Contributor

Default installing a CDI on a coolster 150cc buggy

The plugs do not fit in the after market CDI boxes so this video shows you how to do it, the only other alternative is to get the pig tails off a buggy that does have plugs that fit a after market CDI. sorry the video was shot with my cell phone so it was a little hard to focus.
thanks to mike for helping me sort out the numbers of the plugs.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:04 PM

cool man
-gutted exaust
-extended lugs
-headlights
-reflectors
-my stickers
-adjusted suspension
-ground out hubs
(to fit on the tires)

helix 150
Old 08-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Very interesting. Hey take a look at the attached pic. I couldn't tell in the vid but did your factory cdi look like mine in the pic or was your factory one different?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdibox.jpg (34.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Contributor

I couldn't tell very well from the video, but were the plugs on your stock CDI rectangular/90° cornered?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggyMaster View Post
Very interesting. Hey take a look at the attached pic. I couldn't tell in the vid but did your factory cdi look like mine in the pic or was your factory one different?
not exactly , yours is very close to the after market one i got, see the dividers down inside that seperate all the prongs? my stock one dont have them and thus my pig tail isnt slotted for them so thats one of teh reasons i wasnt able to just plug in, the second reason is my 2 prong plug is actually a 3 prong plug with the middle being empty.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Contributor

Just wondering. The CN250 CDIs use squared off plugs.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Lite Contributor

mine are square ish and not able to plug into the after market cdi.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker

Where can I get a DC fired performance CDI with no rev limit for my 150cc Cardibe from american sport? I had a CDI that came with a kit and in smoked out so I realized that it was a AC fired performance CDI and now I need a new one.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Check with the supporting vendors. They usually carry those.