BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 07-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Lurker

Default Torque converter sticking..help?

Sometimes when i run my go kart at full throttle for a while like on the road, the tc will stay fully engaged and will try to keep driving the kart forward when I'm off the gas or even on the brake. Usually it will kind of pop and let the engine idle right when i slow down. One time though it stalled the engine and then stayed engaged when I tried to start it back up. I banged on the tc cover a little and the next time I pulled the starter the tc popped and worked fine again. Any idea what it could be? Does it need to be pulled off and rebuilt?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Needs to be cleaned and sprayed w/dry lube. This maintenance should be done about every 20 hrs. depending on how hard you drive. This link covers it all- bottom of the page:http://www.*****************/asymapp.htm
Old 07-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Lurker

Ahh okay, usually with this one since its a 6.5 hp its full throttle just about everywhere. And thanks!