BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Contributor

Thumbs up new HF predator 212cc comments

i hate to admit it, but china finally seems to be turning out a tolerable product so far.
very clever dual inlet throttle connections so you can pull from side or behind (the side clamp allowed my stock yerf 3202 throttle cable to work perfectly after a little modding.
filled and bolted it on temporarily.
fired on first easy pull after rolling it through a few times to "prelube" it and make sure nothing sounded bad.
i let it idle with a blip every few minutes through the funnel's worth of fuel i put in (the tank's gotta come off and get moved to avoid playing bump-stop for the rear swingarm).
it was smooth as glass, amazingly quiet (like 20 plus dB less than the tecumseh) and didn't make a puff of smoke even on initial start.
tomorrow i'll hang the clutch (gotta slot the jackshaft engine plate holes first to comp for my stretched out belt) and see how it runs and pulls; will add more afterwards.
overall, so far, it gets an A.
as others have noted, the air cleaner assembly isn't set up to flow well due to a molded in restriction in the base, but some stupid easy work with a file will address that and i think once modified there'll be no gains from an unhoused k&n/adapter to be had while still otherwise stock.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Contributor

Thumbs up

got the comet driver installed today after a cleaning.
new crank is notably shorter than old one; had to stud it as i didnt have a bolt long enough here to hang the drive unit.
motor runs quite well, is shockingly quiet, and pulls well for what it is, though i have little to compare to given my old tec was 99% wasted and this is my 1st cart.
starts easily on first pull and quietly idles nicely even on cold start.
it yanked the cart with me and my lady on board up our biggest grass hill without any trouble.
did get stalled by the low-oil switch a couple times while attempting doughnuts (it can't quite break 'em loose in the tall grass).
hopefully it'll gain some power as the rings seat.
plan is ungovern it, small cam, valvesprings, open up the stock air cleaner assembly.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Contributor

any suggestions are welcomed, please.
thanks!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Lite Contributor

I have same motor, plenty of go and seems great so far!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 AM

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/performance_basics.php

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5...ory_Code=GGPP5

http://www.mikeclementsracing.com/clonepage.html

http://www.nr-racing.com/hopupkits.htm

Bone stock, my nephews Yerf 3202 with the HF predator 6.5 HP does 31.5 MPH on GPS.

I can't wait for my nephews to tell me they want to "go faster"
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Lurker

motor should not be un governed the magnet on the flywheel comes loose and smacks the coil breaking it right off the block. flywheel and coil are worth more than the whole engine.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Lite Contributor

I'd sure be interested in how you do the modification to the exhaust with a file. I recently put one of these engines in a 'well used' Carter cart for a friend, and his kids haven't been able to destroy it yet. I have another ready for use, but not sure which of two carts to put it in.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Lurker

which would be better for me to get for my cart i wont power to pull me around well and seeing as how i am 240 pounds i was thinking a 13hp but i have heard these honda clone engines can be built to put out around 20hp which would be better for me the 13hp or get a predator and build it a bit....
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 PM

This is a dead thread I think, you might be better off posting on your original thread for prompt answers.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'