BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Lite Contributor

Cool Spiderbox shocks

I found a good trick. I turned my shocks upside down on my spiderbox, so the adjuster is at the top. So you ask what does that do? It makes a few people who see it, that you ride with, do the same thing, cause, if you tell em' it increases shock absorbtion they just may believe you!!! It looks like it may do SOMETHING!!!! J/K
Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Lite Contributor

Is this a real forum,with real people or am I getting punk'ed by Ashton Kutcher?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

FYI-A forum member found these shocks awhile back so I ordered a pair because they were cheap to see if they would work- Can't beat the price for the performance if you're set-up for 12+" shocks
https://www.*************.com/item.a...-1721&catname=
Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Lite Contributor

they do look like nice shocks and you cant beat the price if they work well
Old 07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Lite Contributor

Those do look good and the price is right. Do I have to do anything to be able to put them on my spiderbox?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Contributor

I have a set of 85 Honda FL350 front shocks on the rear of our Yerf and they work really well. Here is a cheep set on egay, good luck....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...#ht_500wt_1182
Old 07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Lite Contributor

Yeah those from the oddesy look nice too!! Thanks Guys, Hey if ya carefully read the original post, it was meant as a joke.LOL I didn't really turn my shocks upside down.

Last edited by gunluvinfull; 07-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

To put shocks longer than 10-1/2" you have to mod the ball joint tabs to a different angle-or just go ahead and do the Heim mod at the appropriate angle.The cheap shocks are 12-3/4" eye to eye.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Yeah see I am on a budget and I ain't gonna be able to afford this hobby,I don't think. I already got a wish list to last me a few years. I better be happy with what I got and not worry about what I don't have, and wish for. Guess I will just have to ride like I am goin to church on Sunday. It still is fun just ridin no matter how fast or slow I go though.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Lite Contributor

Hey Rarerat it looks like the one shock is missin a bushing tho!!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvinfull View Post
Hey Rarerat it looks like the one shock is missin a bushing tho!!
I wouldn't worry about it, you will need to swipe the old bushings from your stock shocks to use them anyhow. The odyssey uses a larger bushing & mounting bolt. If you do get them you will like the ride, plus you can adjust the preload.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Lite Contributor

That thing looks like you were havin fun. I found these plastic pieces out scrapping and they look like they were made for fenders in the back. They even wrap around and will fit right on the back of the seat on the frame. I will show some pics later. It is uncanny how they will fit on.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

We're on a budget too!!! my wife offered to trade you her Black Spiderbox for your stock one so you'd have one that's been modified (suspension only) already. I'm sure I can figure out a way to get it to you- I don't mind starting from scratch again on yours.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Lite Contributor

I love what you have done to your black kart. In fact I'm trying to get mine to look like yours. I would trade you if we lived closer together
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Lite Contributor

I did order the shocks from the surplus center. They look like they will do well. Can wait to get them, but I still plan to go riding this weekend even with the temps around Dallas is going to be 102-104 but it is fine if you dont stop.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Lite Contributor

Studman are you talking to me? Wheres pic of yer black one? If you are ya better be serious
Old 07-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Lite Contributor

no I was talking about metalstudman"s kart I love what he has done with his wife's black spiderbox, all the mod that he's done to it and I would trade for it in a heart beat.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Lite Contributor

Default My stock one new pics

3206 pic1.jpg

3206 pic 2.jpg

pic3.jpg
It ain't bad for 700 bucks I guess the sprocket teeth are still square on the top it had low,low hrs on it. I sold the 3203 I built for 400 bucks and had like zero dollars in it from buyin and sellin so ya might say I paid 300 bucks for this one.It still had tits on the front tires too!! The bids on ebay stated at 699.00 and went up to 1375 dollars. I bought it the day b4 auction ended from him. went and picked it up.

Last edited by gunluvinfull; 07-08-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Nice- in the first pic it appears there isn't any back tires!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I didn't read all the newer posts-Gunluvinfull- I was talking to you about trading karts- I told my wife about your Harley accident and budget- she jumped in and offered to trade her's for yours to help you out. She's serious, we're Harley riders too and she has a place in her heart for you now. Take a look- http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Lite Contributor

You can't be serious? what all has been done to this cart? How would I even get it? It would be able to go to wellsville ohio and ride with the big boys, wow. Heck yeah I would be interested!!!
I saw what ya meant about no tires in the pics, that's weird huh? LOL matter of facy I have only got out to drive mine twice, know I gotta have ear surgery for my Meniere's disaes and I rammed a qtip in my ear like 3 inches and went stone deaf in my right ear on top of it all. Not tryin to give anyone sob stories tho. Hope it don't seem like that. Just have some bad luck I guess.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Sorry I didn't read all the newer posts-Gunluvinfull- I was talking to you about trading karts- I told my wife about your Harley accident and budget- she jumped in and offered to trade her's for yours to help you out. She's serious, we're Harley riders too and she has a place in her heart for you now. Take a look- http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159
WOW!! That is an extremely gracious offer Metalstudman1. My hat is off to you & your wife for even considering such a kind jester.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Lite Contributor

I think it is a very kind gester also but on further consideration, I was kinda really proud of the first one I bought and built from the frame up. My old 3203 that I sold. I kinda wish I would have sold the new one and kept my old one. It was simple,less to go wrong, and more b***ls and speed than my 3206 I have now. It was a 6hp honda GC 190 and had 190cc can with the tav2-30 had some serious speed and torque. I truly will just take it one day at a time and build this one the way I want it even if it takes me yrs,God willing.) I enjoy wrenching and I was proud of my other one, so that being said I guess I will have to buy and sel on eaby and craigs list till I get what I want for this one.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Lite Contributor

that was a very kind gester. I was a paramedic for 15 yrs I saw a bunch of bad things that turned into wonderful things and gunluvinfull I think your on your way.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Lite Contributor

Studman I reconsidered again and if you wuld consider throwin in the wife also and pay me 1000.00 I will do it. Please send pics of the wife first though!!!! LMAO Then again she prolly don't like "OLD MEN" HUH? Gotcha!!!!!!! On second thought nevermind she prolly costs more in maintenance than the buggy so I know I couldn't afford her either. Plus the fact, she wouldn't go for a one legged bandit anyhow.!!!!!! LOL

Last edited by gunluvinfull; 07-09-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

I'm truely the luckiest person on this forum because of my wife. Sorry but YOUR deal would never happen. But you can see her in my album w/my old mug (of course my kids too)!!!! She's 18 yrs younger than myself and she's "ZERO" maintenance. She put's up with my addiction very well & plays just as hard as I do in these buggies. She'd have a bigger issue with the fact that you jambed a Q-tip too deep in your ear than an artifical leg. My sister has only one leg so I can relate to your fittings, break-in period,scar tissue & blisters. Good luck with the ear surgery.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Lite Contributor

I hope you do know I was just funnin ya! It sounds like she is a very nice-kind hearted person and tell her Thank You for the offer. I was just payin ya back, jokin around. Also Thank You for your kindness here on this forum. This is prolly one of thee most informative forums I have been on. God Bless!!!!! P.S does she have a single sister?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Lite Contributor

I sure would like to have that black kart but how would I get it here? How would you get mine? It would save me alot of time, labor and money. Labor of which is hard to do these days. Was she serious about trading me.? I sure can't aford to drive to N.C. in my 12 mpg truck.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

I took your comment as a joke- it just gave me a chance to brag about how wonderful my wife is!!!! Yes she's serious about the trade. As I said when I made the offer "I'm sure I can figure out a way to get it to you"- just got laid-off again and I don't have a truck anymore and the minivan doesn't have a hitch to haul a trailer-But if you want to trade I'll find a way to make it happen.
P.S. As a matter of fact she does have a sister!!! she's visiting us right now from Washington state-
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Lite Contributor

Maybe I could scrape up the cash to haul mine down. I have a trailer but it has no title yet, I gotta get it weighed but the cart fits right in the back of my chevy1500. I was thinkin of selling the trailer anyways. Only problem with that cart I could see it may be kinda hard for me with my leg getting in and out of it since that is enclosed like that in the front end. I would not be able to stretch my leg and it would prolly cramp up after a while. I could use a road trip though heck it cost me 80 bucks just to go from ravenna to Findlay ohio and back to pick the cart up.also here is a recent pic of me to show your sister in law.trailer full.jpg

butwheat.jpg

Last edited by gunluvinfull; 07-10-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

My sisrter in-law went -"OH YEAH" to your picture!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Lite Contributor

Otay then, i guess it's on, she likes me huh? Lmao
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Lite Contributor

I did what u said metalstudman I ordered the shocks from surplus and got the in yesterday and can't wait to get them on. Also I got in my hubs from BMI and I just ordered some tires and wheels on ebay. My wife is giving me trouble because I get something for my kart then want something else.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

That's how all hobbies go- kinda like shopping for a dress- you need shoes,accessories haircut & style, manicure,ect....
Old 07-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Lite Contributor

yaaaaa I have suspenion. Thoes sorplus shocks are workin great and puttin the shock rear shocks on front gave me good suspenion on front, Wow it rides soooo much better. now I'm waiting to get the tires and rims I bought on ebay 20x7x8 should also work well. Next looking at my rear tires, I think I want to go to 22x10x8, know where I can get a good deal on them?