BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM

Default blade owners?

for you blade owners I might be looking at a blade 150cc 2 seater tomorrow night by any chance what problems or specific spots she I be looking at on this buggy?? he's asking $800 for it and says everything works and its black. talking with him he says its 4 feet 10 inches wide and 8 feet long seems like a big buggy compared to my yerf dog spiderbox. Has reverse, horn, fenders, disc brakes, gauges, key start, ebrake, mirrors basically all the stuff I was going to do to the yerf lol. im just curious how is the turning radius on them??? I don't want the same problem with the turning radius like the yerf even though I upgraded the steering rack. any tips or hints will be great thanks guys.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 AM
Heavy Contributor

It has pretty much the same characteristics as a carter as far as performance ,diminsions, hamdling etc. but better built. They haven't been distributed since around '08, I think. There's still many around up and rolling so that says something about them. Chat with Tom, he colaborated with Stuart Taft, (national distributor) on some of the features when the blade was first introduced and was/is a blade dealer. I've had a lot of seat time in Stuart's wifes personal single seat Blade and really, really liked it! So much I tried to buy it off her but she wouldn't let go!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM

il probally look at it tonight and test drive it just curious how the turning radius is on them. and they seem to be a bigger buggy then the spiderbox
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Default Apple n orange

If I'm not mistaken the blades and dazon's are basically the same machines. I can tell you as the owner of two 150 single seated dazons, they are all I was looking for and then some! havent found anywhere yet I couldnt go! the turn radius on the narrow single seaters is awesome, plus you always have reverse to help out!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

The Blade is an excellant buggy. They were manufactured in the Kinroad plant but spect differently. Brush guard used a thicker wall tubing and the frame was of seamless tubing as compared to other big brand buggies using seamed tubing. I believe Hammerhead at the time was the only other using seamless tubing. Dazon although looks the same was made at a different factory. Turning radius is good, ride is 100% over the yerf, heavier buggy with 30-32 mph top speed. Simple mods like cvt tune, cam with a rejet improves it's performance and top speed. $800.00 seems fair if in good condition and depending on year. Early years had the simple dash which consisted of key switch, cig. lighter, kill and light switch in dash panel with a speedo mounted seperately. Later years had a larger more stylish dash panel with all the above and speedo mounted in panel with horn button. Some even come with fuel gauge and aux. lights. Things to look for, check the balljoints for wear, and check that rev gear works. It's normal to have to tap the throttle slightly go get into reverse. Even though it weighs in about 25lbs more then the HH or Carter it is a very sturdy buggy and will last a lifetime provided it was maintained properly. They are in my opinion # one in reliability along with Hammerhead.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Thanks tom u the man, im going to call the guy after work hopefully no one picked it up
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmansracerocket View Post
il probally look at it tonight and test drive it just curious how the turning radius is on them. and they seem to be a bigger buggy then the spiderbox
The turning radius is every bit of 30% better than a yerf. Come to think about it.. in comparison, everything has a better turn radius than a yerf!
Though the buggy looks large, the wheelbase is shorter thus improving the turning radius quite a bit
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 AM

Dam it sold already! It was posted on the 24th and sold on the 25th !
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 AM

Default In a flash!

Thats the thing right now, these things are getting to be so popular, if you don't pounce on it as soon as its posted, bam its gone! doesn't really give you time to research them at all. Sorry for you luck jman, but like I said before, it took me 9mos. of searching so hang in there and get as much research as you can in while you're looking, so you can pounce when the opportunitly happens!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM

i guess more mods for the yerf lol
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM

Sure why not, and if you find something you like, two is better than one!!! lol
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM

lol one for me and one for the wife
Old 02-26-2013, 04:16 PM

When I found my Yerf, it was sold within 30 minutes of it being posted, I offered double the asking price and he said come get it. It helped he was asking $50, but hey, I still made out, I think....
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 PM

lmfao!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM

Default I can see for miles and miles

If it where up to me, I'd have a barn full of different types of these things to play with, but alas I'm "Married with children"!! !
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Just need to buy the next ones for the wife and kids. See again problem solved.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM

I second that! My wife is almost pushing me to get mine done, she wants to ride in it, too.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 AM

Default Been there, done that

Red buggy's mine, blue buggy's my daughters, and the two seaters is my wife/duaghters. Tell me I don't know how to keep things "copacetic"lol!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Lite Contributor

So, are the Blade's still produced these days? Sounds like just the kart I might be looking for.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Lite Contributor

So, was looking at craigslist tonight in my region... can anyone identify this Buggy?

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/mcy/3629749196.html
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Power User

looks like a 110/125 cc for a child/pre teen with a larger seat put in.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBuggy View Post
So, are the Blade's still produced these days? Sounds like just the kart I might be looking for.
No unfortunately the economy got Blade. Parts are still available for them in good supply.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Supporting Vendor

I believe it is the roketa and want to say a 110cc but the remote suggests it's a 90cc or below. It's gonna be a small buggy for sure. The kids karts had the remote 50cc,70cc,and very few 90cc.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks Tom, Does SYC sell buggies? I saw blades on your website, but not sure they are available.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

No they are not. I need to redoo much on the site, now I just wait for my host to upgrade their system so that I don't have double work. I now sell the Hammerhead and Trailmaster Buggies.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:15 PM

I didnt know that Tom, so if I'm ever lucky enough to get a new one I know where to start! p.s. I wish they still made the dazons cause I really like em!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

I notice that you have the single seat buggy. Both my son and I have the single seat identicle looking to yours and of all the buggies I have the single is the most fun to drive.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Thumbs up First time luck

These where my first "big buggy" purchases and I couldn't be happier with them! they've done everything I've asked of them so far, and they have actually been rather economical to maintain given how old they are!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

I couldn't agree more. The biggest thing lacking are the shocks. I have the works shocks all the way around and although they cost half what the buggy cost I have ridden this buggy really hard over some of the roughest terrain and with being a 2004 it has needed nothing on the front end. My sons the same year but with stock shocks has had front struts replaced. They also made my 2000.00 buggy ride and handle like a 6000.00 buggy. The first time I drove one of these it felt as if I was straped into a cockpit. Now I have played with the motor and gearing to where it will cruise 48mph on a straitaway. And it is a heavy machine for it's size at 345lbs. I have and had several buggies since getting it and as compared to my 250 or 650 Joyner and 250 challenger which is also a single seat, it is by far the most fun to drive.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Default So secure

That is the biggest thing about the buggy, when poeple ask me what I like most about it, i tell them I feel really secure in the cockpit of it. When you sit in it and strap yourself in You really do fell as if you're in a cockpit! I've actually rolled the blue one twice now and once was down a hill, and I couldn't believe how protective the monocock was! and yes they will definitly take a good beating! I did askew the roll bar a bit, and Kinda flexed the right front strut some, But nothing I could'nt fix with a torch and a press. If Dazon still made these, I would go out of my way to purchase a new one for sure, and I know its just a matter of time before I really start beefing these two up a bit.