BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-23-2017, 07:27 PM
Lurker

Default Help identifying this buggy?

I recently picked this buggy up and I was wondering if anyone is able to identify the model and the engine size? Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://imgur.com/a/hGBD6

Last edited by Crazywolfe; 12-23-2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Picture did not post
Old 12-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Lurker

Only thing I can say for certain is that it's one of the myriad buggies with the GY6 150cc motor.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Lurker

After a little research it is a Dazon Raider Classic 150cc.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:24 PM
Contributor

Looks almost like my kinroad runmaster II, a few differences but the main frame is the same.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:50 PM
Lurker

Although the circular piece on the center front of the frame is rotated differently, I believe that ShadowFocus603 is correct in it being a Dazon Raider Classic 150cc. Does anyone know where I would find replacement seats for it?
Old 12-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Contributor

I asked a few months ago and was told to try to find some rzr seats and fit in it. Good luck on that, in my area people keep the good ones and sell the junk ones trying to fund a 2nd rzr.

The cheapest I've found the stock replacement seats was ebay for $150 plus shipping per seat. Those were from american landmaster, tried to look up the part directly on their website and they require a VIN (to one of their buggys) to even do that. Maybe your more lucky than I but after said and done it was gonna be over $200 per seat to my door off ebay. If I was gonna spend more on seats than I did the entire buggy I would just order some PRP suspension seats at $275 per seat shipped. Not sure why they think the stock seats are framed with gold bars, memory foam cushion, and covered in the same leather used on a Ferrari. I can promise ya when my seat fell apart it had none of that in it.

I've made up my mind when it's warm enough outside I'm widening the frame of my buggy in the seat area enough to take fullsize poly racing bucket seats from JEGS. I have one from my racing days and can order a 2nd one for under $100.

Last edited by neo71665; 12-23-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
I asked a few months ago and was told to try to find some rzr seats and fit in it. Good luck on that, in my area people keep the good ones and sell the junk ones trying to fund a 2nd rzr.

The cheapest I've found the stock replacement seats was ebay for $150 plus shipping per seat. Those were from american landmaster, tried to look up the part directly on their website and they require a VIN (to one of their buggys) to even do that. Maybe your more lucky than I but after said and done it was gonna be over $200 per seat to my door off ebay. If I was gonna spend more on seats than I did the entire buggy I would just order some PRP suspension seats at $275 per seat shipped. Not sure why they think the stock seats are framed with gold bars, memory foam cushion, and covered in the same leather used on a Ferrari. I can promise ya when my seat fell apart it had none of that in it.

I've made up my mind when it's warm enough outside I'm widening the frame of my buggy in the seat area enough to take fullsize poly racing bucket seats from JEGS. I have one from my racing days and can order a 2nd one for under $100.
You can have mine for $1,500 and use that one for parts.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike322 View Post
You can have mine for $1,500 and use that one for parts.
Man if my aunt was still in georgia i would really think about it. Too far to travel on a disability budget.