BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Lurker

Default Hello

I am looking at the ROKETA 150cc Go-Kart GK-28A (aka GK150A-2) and the 2011 150cc KD-GK-150H Hummer Style Go-Kart for my kids (ages 8 and 6)...can anyone help me make up my mind? Thanks!!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 PM

ASW Carbide haha but that's only because I have one

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Lurker

I have a Roketa GK-28 and am having trouble finding aftermarket parts.....but I am also new to the mini buggy world.
I love the way it rides and handles the whops and hills......very smooth ride.
Redfishlost
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Roketa is going through a transition period right now. On the GK28 depending on which mfg. buggy you get it can have the GY6A or GY6B motor in it. One is more commonly in use then the other so their are many more after market parts available for the engine should you want to upgrade to some more performance later. One of the mfg.'s of the GK28 is Kandi and although I've personally have not been into the engine I'm told by several dealers mechancs they use the common GY6 which is made by Hammerhead Intl..The Humvee and Jeep buggies although I have not personally had any dealings with them, I have heard many say and read several posts of the front ends being of poor quality. This may have been corrected with the later models but I cannot say for sure. I attended this past dealers expo and was impressed with the quality of the Kandi as well as the Carbide from ASW. Just be aware of the cheapper buggies online and do your research well. I would stay away from the Roketa GK28 for now until their stock is all Kandi. I had ordered 2 for customers last year and one had the hammerhead engine and the other had the odd ball GY6. I was told that they were both made by the same mfg. but as it turns out they weren't. Welcome to Buggymasters and hope I helped answer your question.

TOM
Old 03-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome- the humvee sounds fun!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Lurker

I own a "B" model gy6 and have had some difficulty getting the Hammerhead exhaust to fit.......it never did and is now on my Hammerhead Twister.
The aluminum intake also did not allow for enough clearance for the velocity stack to bolt on without hitting the engine carriage bolt on the bottom and the frame above the carb.......but using the stock manifold which is aluminum covered (not just rubber as suggested in some articles which sell the improved cast manifold)
Once my MRP exhaust arrives I hope it will fit and I can once again enjoy the buggy.
As far as the suspension goes .....I am thoroughly satisfied with the ride ......quite comfortable and very stable thru the whoops!
I hope this will help you decide.
Feel free to PM me if you have any further concerns!
Redfishlost