BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Another New Member

I joined a couple of days ago, and like several others, I have just acquired an unknown go cart. Through this forum I have been able to determine it has a GY6 engine, and what I believe is an external reverse. I'm worried about the electronics and wiring, but look forward to finding help here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3550.JPG (73.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3549.JPG (81.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3548.JPG (77.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3544.JPG (78.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3572.JPG (68.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome-Have you gotten to hear it run?Yes it has external reverse.What part of the electrical has you worried?That snorkel can't be good for the airflow!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Lite Contributor

Thank you for your response. The plastic box that contains that big bunch of wires/components had been broken and duct taped back together; also, the whole assembly had broken off the frame member it was welded to. There appears to be little damage to the contents of that box other than a couple of scraped wires. I just have no idea of what each item is in there, it looks like a complicated arrangement, was somewhat dirty and had spider webs inside. I want to at least check the valve clearance and all the wiring I can find, especially the starter/ignition system, then install the new battery and see what happens. With my luck, I may get some smoke signals telling me it's messed up. I have no idea how to check many of the electronic components as directed in some of the info I found on the 'net. The engine oil is very clean, as is the valve assembly, and the air filters look very clean. I'm also worried about that valve under the fuel tank; I can't get air through either line in either direction.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Does your petcock(valve assembly under the tank)have a fuel filter?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Lite Contributor

It has the pencil shaped filter that protrudes up into the tank, and it looks very good, just a little gas staining. It does not have an on/off/reserve lever, just the two fuel lines that have a wire spiraling around them.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

Your new toy is either a Blade Pwr. Sports 150DX or a Kinroad , both excellant buggies. The petcock on underside of fuel tank is a vacume operated fuel pump. Remove the one line going to vacume and other fueline going to carb. Suck on the vacume and if working properly fuel should flow from fuel line. I do stock parts and also have a manual for that engine along with wiring schematic. You can reach me @ 662-301-1563 with any questions.

TOM
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Blade or Kinroad

Thank you for the reply. I'll try to call you this week for some details. I have the petcock off the tank and disconnected from the carb, so I'm not sure what and where to apply suction.

The carb had hard varnish in the bowl, cleaned up rather well except for the float needle. It's stuck firmly. The main jet [?] was removed and cleaned, and appears free, unclogged and open. I have not gone into the vacuum device on top of the carb, but the cylindrical slide operated freely even before cleaning.

I only have two wires to repair; both are green, going to engine ground. Also, one of the three wires [black, green & yellow/female bullet connectors] from the left rear axle/brake assembly [Speedo sensor?] is not connected to the wiring harness, and there is one green/white stripe wire/male bullet, from the harness not plugged into anything. I bet they go together.

Next time we go to Mississippi to visit relatives, I plan to make time to visit your facility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3623.JPG (70.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3622.JPG (71.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Lite Contributor

As a result of all the help I received from this forum, the Kinroad renovation project is not only finished, but it now has a new home. The buyer picked it up this morning, and seems very happy.

Thanks to all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4786.jpg (53.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4791.jpg (57.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4788.jpg (58.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4793.jpg (65.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4802.jpg (55.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzn246 View Post
As a result of all the help I received from this forum, the Kinroad renovation project is not only finished, but it now has a new home. The buyer picked it up this morning, and seems very happy.

Thanks to all.
Congrats on the restoration and the sale! Are you getting another buggy soon?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job on the restoration- Always good to make someone else smile!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Lite Contributor

Thank you gentlemen, for your comments and help. I have finished the new Predator engine and drive train elements replacement project on a Carter go cart for a friend's kids; just waiting for him to pick it up.
Since I have no place to ride, other than around the yard and the house next door, I cannot justify getting a machine for personal use. I'd just tear up the yards and driveways of our little place and my Mother's next door. I do love this stuff though and am looking for another project. I still have the 11 HP Honda GSX 340 engine just sitting out in the shop looking lonely. All I need is a chassis and running gear.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Contributor

I am working on a buggie and planning to ride down the road on fm27,I also have a yerf i think we might make a deal or trade(two seater)
Old 06-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Lite Contributor

Zapper, I'd like to get with you, and check out the Yerf. Would the Honda engine work on that machine? Or does it even need a motor? Did you get my PM with my name? If you did, give me a call, I'm in the Fairfield/Streetman phone book.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Contributor

Yes I got the pm.The motor thats on it is gone.Will also need some front and rear shocks.As soon as i can I will get it out and see just what is needed.